Just Engaged and Proposals

Me too!

I know I'm a little late posting too, but I'm still so giddy about getting engaged that I just had to share!

My FI and I have been together for a little over 2 1/2 years and due to some crazy circumstances have been living together for most of that time. The living together thing just worked out amazingly well and we've known for a while that we would get married and that it's mostly a formality at this point.  Anyway, we both love to hike and just moved to TN to be closer to the mountains.  The first month and a half we were here we were both settling into our jobs and picking up extra hours to make a few extra dollars to help with moving expenses.  Our only days off together were Tuesdays and Saturdays, but since my boss was needing extra help and we were down a technician, I had been volunteering to pick up extra hours on those days.  Needless to say, it was getting a little frustrating not getting out to do anything or spend any time together, and he was getting a little cranky.

Eventually we would get a day or two here and there, and even though we were both really anxious to go hiking, murphy's law said it would rain.  Anyway, September 18th, we FINALLY got to go hiking and chose to go to Chimney Tops.  He basically ran up the mountain with me huffing and puffing the entire way behind him.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he was in such a hurry! We finally go to the top and I was out on a ledge taking pictures when he started insisting that I come back away from the edge. I argued that I wasn't going to fall off the mountain, but he kept insisting, so I gave in.  Then he told me to put my camera away which I argued was ridiculous because that's what we came up there to do! Grumbling the whole time, I went to put my camera back in the bag and when I looked down, there he was on his knee! I heard him ask me to marry him, but couldn't tell you much else because I was so surprised!  I think I floated back down the mountain!

Re: Me too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards