Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Questions on Venues listed.

Ok if anyone has any experience with any of these facilities could i hear from you. So some of the ones I was looking into

Sheraton in Woodbury

Country Inn and Suites in woodbury (because they can do outside tented, and they apparently are remodeling everything right now)

DoubleTree Inn

Park Plaza (bloomington)

Any other suggestions would be lovely. I'm not so sure if I want to be directly in the cities So possibly closer to oakdale might do too. Looking for a budget after tax and such for a venue (that includes food and booze) around $6,000

Thank You,
Veronica

Re: Questions on Venues listed.

• When are you thinking of having your wedding? The Profile Event Center is decently priced in the winter. They have minimums but do not charge a room rental fee. In Jan, Feb and Mar it is close to a $6000 minimum. Food, drinks, decorations, pretty much anything you get from them goes towards this minimum (even their DJ!). It's a little more in April, and closer to $10k in the summer. (BTW this is for the smaller room, up to about 250 people. The bigger room is more). It is in Minneapolis but there are a lot of hotels and stuff in the area. Just something to think about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • 5120 in Bloomington was very reasonably-priced, but it can only fit around 80 people, so we couldn't use it.

• Which Double Tree?  My FI used to work in their banquet set up and catering; he left about a year ago because they kept double booking events, rearranging parties at last minute, etc.  He always looked dumb because the sales staff didn't tell them when they over booked or booked back to back events not giving them the time they needed to turn it around.  Brides were always upset. 
  • Yes, which DoubleTree? My wedding was at the one in St. Louis Park, and I had a great experience there. I do know that the catering manager I worked with now works for another company.
  • It is the one in Bloomington?
    And thank you for the heads up on that!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_questions-on-venues-listed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:77b7e36c-7a20-4be4-a26f-cb7485d4d406Post:ec384801-01ff-4ecf-816c-02bd5f9e6a53">Re: Questions on Venues listed.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which Double Tree?  My FI used to work in their banquet set up and catering; he left about a year ago because they kept double booking events, rearranging parties at last minute, etc.  He always looked dumb because the sales staff didn't tell them when they over booked or booked back to back events not giving them the time they needed to turn it around.  Brides were always upset. 
    Posted by 2chumps[/QUOTE]
  • We are having our wedding reception at Guardian Angel's Hall in Oakdale, but you need to bring in your own caterer.  We are using Donatelli's in White Bear.  So far everything with both places has been wonderful!  The tasting at Donatelli's was amazing!  Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards