Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Engagement Picture Makeup

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how many of you had or will have your makeup professionally done for your engagement pictures? I'm having mine taken this May and I actually hadn't thought about this until I read some posts on here. I always just planned on doing it myself, but now I'm not sure. Any comments or suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Photobucket

Re: Engagement Picture Makeup

• Options
    I'm contemplating it, but not sure. I think I will wind up doing my own, because I want to look the way that I look every day. I know they can make you look natural, but I don't think its worth it for me to pay. Like PPs said, if you really want to, aren't good with makeup, and/or can afford it, by all means go to town! =D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    My wedding is in Northern Mi and I did my engagement pics in Ohio near where we live. So I did mine myself. I also wanted to look natural too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did mine myself. I will be hiring for the wedding day but I decided to go with the way everyone sees me day to day for the epics! Good luck.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    I'm doing mine myself.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I have a make up artist that is absolutely fabulous. I still look like myself when it's done, just myself x10. He's great so yes I will be using him for my e-pics. One of my epics will be on my STD so i want them to look perfect as the STDs will be the first glimpse of what our wedding will be like.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am definitely having a makeup trial done for the engagement photo session.  I will also have another trial the day of the shower, and hair done that day also.  I might just get a blow-out and style for the e-pics.... not a wedding day style, but it will give me a chance to talk to the stylist about what I want for the wedding day, and also give the stylist a chance to see my hair and feel the texture and decide what styles will work best for me.
  • Options
    I got mine done professionally. It turned out great! I 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm did it myself. I'll also being doing my own make-up so i wouldn't need any trials. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

I’m planning on getting my makeup done professionally. I figure it’s a rare opportunity to have professional pictures taken so I want to look my best. I’m also not that great with my own makeup, so I can certainly use the help! My usual hairdresser will be doing my makeup. I’m also getting a hair cut that day my hair will look good too. She’s done my makeup before and she’s doing my hair and makeup for the wedding as well, so I trust her 100%!

I’d say if it’s within your budget, and it’s someone you trust, go for it! Why not look your best for one of the few professional photo shoots you’ll ever have?

May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards