Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Wedding Dress Alteration Recommendations

The place where I bought my dress doesn't do alterations, so I need to find an outside tailor. Any recommendations? There's suprisingly little information/reviews of this type of service online. Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Dress Alteration Recommendations

• Amy Stariha - located by Macalester College. I got her name from a friend of mine and she is awesome, and pretty reasonable. She has been doing bridal alterations for 20ish years. She used to have her own shop but now just works out of her home. My friend was very happy with her alterations (bust taken in, hips let out) and all I needed was a bustle, which I am very happy with as well.

• I'm using JenMar Creations, in BP or BC -- I forgot.
    I LOVE them!  I think they're sisters, but they are SO funny and so wonderful to work with.
  • Louise Kegley was great and very reasonable!  She's very popular tends to get really busy during wedding season.  PM me if you'd like her contact info!
  • I went to see Brenda with Amazing Alterations in Anoka.  I have 3 of my friends that have went to her with their wedding dresses, and I took my bridesmaid dress to her  and the experience was just fantastic!  Her prices are super reasonable, and her studio is just really beautiful!  So when I got my wedding dress, I already booked my appointment for my dress.  She takes these really great "chaise lounge" shots of you in your wedding dress, that you get to keep.  Her bustles were really easy to do with my friends dresses, so that is who I recommend, she is totally worth the drive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards