Maryland
Options

"Non-travelling" hair/makeup recommendations?

Hi.  I am having a terrible time finding a hair and makeup artist allows me to come to them, instead of having them come to me.  Every place in the Catonsville/Columbia/lower Baltimore area only does "on-site" hair and makeup, but they really DON'T want to travel to me...since its just me (the bride) they won't make as much money.  Does anyone know of a good bridal hair and bridal makeup salon or "stay-put" individual in that general area?  Thanks!

Re: "Non-travelling" hair/makeup recommendations?

• Options
    So there aren't any hair salons in your area that will allow you to come in on a Saturday morning to get your hair and makeup done?  I find that a little hard to believe.

I did a quick google search (I do not live in your area so I know nothing about these places) and I came up with...
    Narcissus Salon in Catonsville
    George of New York in Columbia
    Dakota Salon and Spa in Columbia

And there are many, many more listed.  I would try going to some salons and getting recommendations from friends and families as who does the best work.

Good luck!

• Options
    CGirl24CGirl24 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I guess I should give more detail about my situation.  I live in Montgomery County, but will be getting married in Baltimore (Inner Harbor).  So if I'm staying in Baltimore Friday night, it doesn't make any sense to drive home to get my stuff done at my normal salon, then drive back to Baltimore.  Since Columbia and Catonsville are so close, and likely to have salons due to their suburb status, that's why I listed them.  I am also somewhat familiar with those areas and they aren't way up in Towson or Bel Air, which would make driving to a hair trial a very stressful event.  I also don't know anyone who lives in the Baltimore area, which is why I posted here.  Thanks!
    PS- I should also clarify that I am looking for experts in Bridal hair and Bridal makeup, not just regular salon services.
  • Options
    Try Up Do's for I Do's. They have a salon over near BWI airport.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_non-travelling-hairmakeup-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:4004a25c-88b5-40b6-81c5-155287dc8b9aPost:0d7582f5-9f9f-46b8-b5eb-4b3f6d7082da">Re: "Non-travelling" hair/makeup recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I should give more detail about my situation.  I live in Montgomery County, but will be getting married in Baltimore (Inner Harbor).  So if I'm staying in Baltimore Friday night, it doesn't make any sense to drive home to get my stuff done at my normal salon, then drive back to Baltimore.  Since Columbia and Catonsville are so close, and likely to have salons due to their suburb status, that's why I listed them.  I am also somewhat familiar with those areas and they aren't way up in Towson or Bel Air, which would make driving to a hair trial a very stressful event.  I also don't know anyone who lives in the Baltimore area, which is why I posted here.  Thanks! PS- <strong>I should also clarify that I am looking for experts in Bridal hair and Bridal makeup, not just regular salon services.
    </strong>Posted by CGirl24[/QUOTE]

I realize this but many nice salons in the area are also very experienced in bridal hair and makeup.  I used Jordan Thomas salon in Bel Air for my bridal hair and makeup and not only are they an everyday hair salon they are also very well versed in updos and bridal makeup.  They did an amazing job.

What I am trying to say is that you may need to look outside of your small box, because many amazing stylists don't just do bridal hair and makeup.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards