Rhode Island
Options

RI/Newport themed wedding gift bags

Hi Girls!!

My fiance and I were trying to look for Newport or RI themed goodies to put in our gift bags.. If we were going to get things in Newport I figured we should go soon before tourists come and prices on everything go up. Since we have to make so many( about 20-30)  we are looking to not spend a ton of money total. Any ideas?
Constantly Cooking and loving it! Check out my blog and enjoy! http://aroundthetableri.blogspot.com/ Visit The Nest!

Re: RI/Newport themed wedding gift bags

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am doing "beach" themed OOT bags since we are getting married near the ocean but our overall wedding theme isn't beachy at all. Here are some of the things I am thinking of putting in:

Lobster lollipops
    Lots of local stores have these, infact I think I have even seen them in job lot.
    Here are some online: http://www.shorechic.com/lollipops.html

We are also making Tote Bags with an Anchor on it

We are putting in some salt water taffy as well
    and also lots of maps and a daily schedule of things they might be intersted in

For Newport:
    For Newportish items you can include tour books/maps for the guests that might want to visit the mansions.

A post card from Newport or two- pre-stamped.

Perhaps some stationary from the area that says" Newport, RI" on it

A Magnet or keychain

Be sure to also put in a personalized note from you two :)

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas girls.  I liked the idea of the anchor totes I was trying to thnik of some where to get a RI type reusuable tote for cheap.  Any ideas?  Also we bought labels at Michael's to print our logo on and are sticking them on water bottles.  They also have some you cnan put on Hershey kisses and Hershey's miniatures.  I thought this was a good way to personalize something everybody loves chocolate and water!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I googled for pics of RI and found a cartoon map.  I only looked for "large" files.  I saved the pic and uploaded it to vistaprint and ordered postcards from vistaprint for CHEAP.  Much better pricing than 25 or 50 cents each at a store, etc.  VP has the postcard option so I was even able to write a little blurb on the back of the postcard to make it look even more real.  Of course, I wrote "on" instead of "of" for something on the back so they weren't that awesome, haha.  Luckily I did them towards the end when I stopped caring about details, and just used them! 

We also had small pins made (like flair) that said things like I heart RI, 10/10 (our wedding date), and pics of RI things.  I used a company that makes pins for musicians and bands for promotions, so they were super cheap.  I think they were kids who made them!  They turned out awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_rinewport-themed-wedding-gift-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:1ee7a14e-6d76-4e30-85c4-b7957eee7e9cPost:05d85ba3-d2da-4a3c-aa38-f8ed5356a4fa">Re: RI/Newport themed wedding gift bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]I googled for pics of RI and found a cartoon map.  I only looked for "large" files.  <font color="#ffcc00">I saved the pic and uploaded it to vistaprint and ordered postcards from vistaprint for CHEAP</font>.  Much better pricing than 25 or 50 cents each at a store, etc. "

This was a GREAT idea! I didnt even think about that.
    Do you have a photo of how the image came on Vistaprint- did it end up low res?

I forgot about the waterbottles. OP- I have a template for labels- and one of them I set up to be a "welcome" water bottle label. That says a little bit of a blurb and a "thanks for coming and celebrating" with us...
    let me know if you want me to send it along.

Candy and Water is great. I am also thinking about doing like mints, advil, and tums! lol
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    Oh sorry. About the totes. I bought them on cheaptotes. com for about $1 a piece, I found a photo of an anchor online, I'm going to print it out- and heat transfer it on.

I actually work for a company that makes tote bags from China- and my Chinese factory supplies the totes to cheap totes.com. Other than ordering directly from them- which wasn't all that much cheaper (and would maybe be an issue w my boss)-- those were the best prices I found.
  • Options
    amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should take a trip to the Only in Rhode Island store in Newport. They might be able to give you a bunch of ideas too.
  • Options
    Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am also doing oot gift bags. I am putting RI inspired things in them such as autocrat coffee milk, dels lemonade, newport beach towels, salt water taffey,1 perfect storm beer bottle and maps of newport. Just to keep a local feel> Good luck : )

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas girls!! I did get some inspiration from the only in RI store. I also saw Newport tote bags ( like ones you get at the market.) They were about $2 w piece. Coffee syrup is a must I think! Thanks for the ideas!!!
    Constantly Cooking and loving it! Check out my blog and enjoy! http://aroundthetableri.blogspot.com/ Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    jcorvesejcorvese member
    edited December 2011
    Just an idea on the coffee syrup
    You can buy smaller bottles witha  special RI label from the Blackstone Valley Tourism Council in Pawtucket

I believe when I last called they were $34 a box
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    all of these ideas are amazing!! How long does it take to ship from vistaprint? I have about 2 weeks until my wedding yikes. Now that it is busy season in newport everything is WAY more expensive then it should be. We should have done it in the winter!

Also I am so excited about the coffee syrup! I had no idea you could buy it in smaller bottles!! yey!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jennifer,

Do you have the PDF you used for Vista Print? All the ones I am findign aren't large enough to fit on the post card. Any help would be great! Tks! My email is lorabo07@gmail.com if you want to send it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards