DC

videography on a budget?

I didn't origanlly want a videographer. BUT my FI's family is from out of the country and visas are limited even for special occassions like weddings. They were denied entrance. So we decided to get a videographer so they could share part of the magic. I'm finding it hard to find a videographer that won't charge an arm and a leg.  I'm on a budget, so I want to spend between $1000-$1200 but don't want to sacrifice those special moments. Is it possible or is my budget going to have to budge?
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: videography on a budget?

• mtaylor404mtaylor404 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the exact same issue.  My finaces family are also unable to get visas.  i am looking for a videographer and also having an album made for a couple of people on his side.  
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Washington's Best - www.washbest.com

They are charging me $500 for 3 hours of taping...they will cut it to about a 60-90 min video.  

Getting married next weekend - so I can report back and let you know how it goes! 
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lindra_kinglindra_king member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out TippyWalk Productions.  They have done some really nice work and have packages starting at 695!  They can be found under the DC videographer page. The website is www.tippywalk.com/wedding-packages.html">

I would strongly encourage brides to get a professional videographer.  Your wedding day flies by in a whirlwind.  You will appreciate being able to see the fun of your day in a professional product.  I didn't get that for my wedding and am still regretting it.

Good luck in your search!
  • MelJoe0909MelJoe0909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from the Pennsylvania boards but have friends in DC area and saw this posting. We used a videographer in Pennsylvania who only charged us $700 for the entire day and our video was wonderful. Here's his website and info if you're interested:
    website: http://mysite.verizon.net/resvk478/ and e-mail videomovieguy@me.com
    Not sure if he would travel, but you can ask.
  • Hello,

My name is Tim Hudspeth.  Me and my fiance recently joined The Knot to prepare for our big day.  I am also a videographer and I am breaking into the wedding videography business.  I am in the Prince Georges County area right outside of DC.  I have filmed, directed, and edited over 15 videos, (short films, music videos, events, etc.)  Because I am breaking into the business, my prices are fairly low, ranging from 500-1000.  I dont want these prices to scare anyone away, however.  These are my prices because I am trying to build my wedding videography resume.  I will still produce 5000K work.  If you are interested, please email me at tim.hudspeth@yahoo.com and I can give you more information. 

PS. because all of my previous work isnt exactly, 'wedding videograpy marketable', I would like to do an engagement video for little to no compensation.  If this is of interest to you, or anyone that you know, please pass the information on.  Thank You!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards