Flowers
Options

Flower Combos...

So, I'm meeting with a couple of florists in the next week or so and while I know they will help figure out what works with what, I thought I'd post on here first.  I'm also considering going the DIY route with these, and even though one of my bridesmaids used to work as a florist, I'm still apprehensive.
I'm doing mostly all orange flowers with the exception of throwing some white into my bouquet and maybe the parents and flower girls.  My other color is gray, charcoal gray (medium charcoal) bridesmaid dresses and gray tuxes.  I love the idea of orange garden roses mixed with orange (light and dark) dahlias, zinnias and some peach colored hypericum.  I love texture.  For my bouquet, I'd love to throw in some white scabiosa flowers and/or white anemone ( I really like the dark centers to tie in some gray). 
THAT or I'd do all one type of flower for the bridesmaids like all dahlias, which I've found pictures of and think is really pretty too.
In my head the idea is great, but I have googled and googled and googled and can't find just what I'm looking for.

What do you all think?

my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Combos...

• Options
    I honestly don't think there is a way we can answer that for you. I think it is a personal preference. I had all white roses and liked the clean look of all the same flowers. However, having said that, I also like the way bouquets look when they are varied colors and types.

Meet with the florist, and see what the quote is. Then look at sites like Sam's Club or Costco, other online florists that do wedding packages (if you want to go that route instead of assembling your own). Gray is a color that is pretty much complemented by any other color, similar to black & white. You can use the colors you mentioned, plus pink, lavender, yellow, blue, red, etc. They all look great with gray.

Your wedding is in the fall. The flowers that are naturally grown and plentiful at that time are pretty much mums, but florists and web sites get flowers from the US and other countries grown in green houses and other than truly spring flowers like lilacs, lillly of the valley and peonies, you can probably get several types of flowers.

I just googled "orange dahlia bouquet" and there have to be 300 pictures that came up.

Your bouquet doesn't have to look like the BM bouquets.

Keep searching, and take pictures with you to the florist. Ask for a mockup before ordering to make sure it's what you want.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards