New York-Hudson Valley

Something to think about!

Hello Everyone! Happy December! I know a lot of brides take a while to plan their wedding, but I was wondering if anyone has done it within a few weeks notice. I just go this idea to have a "New Years Eve" wedding. Like, when the clock strikes 12 we are pronounced husband a wife.... but then I started thinking about the elderly people. How will they stay up so late for this. Plus, its just a few weeks away. Then I was thinking about where could we have something like this?? So I moved on to Jan 21, 2012... so the date would be" 1-2-1-1-2. Thought that was funny. So, because of a quick shot gun wedding, I don't know where in the Hudson Valley, I could make this happen. I am a bride on a very small budget. I was thinking Stonehedge in Esopus Ny (by highland / kingston) its only $35 a head! Has anyone been here for a wedding? Thoughts please!!!!! Thanks!!!
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Something to think about!

• bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One more thing to think about is bands, djs, other vendors charge a lot more because its New Year Eve.  My friend got married on that date a few years ago and was outraged by a lot of the prices vendors were quoting her. 
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, concerning vendors...it is pretty close so you might have a hard time finding them and you might have to take what you can get.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Not a lot of weddings in the Hudson Valley in Winter so you may be in luck.

Check the Pok Grand & Anthony's Pier Nine.  Great packages.  I had my wedding at the Pok Grand on January 17, 2009. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,
    My fiance and I decided we might go with the date of April 2012. We are looking at a few places this weekend. One is Pok. Grand. Thanks for all your opinions! We felt, after discussing it more that January would be really close, and we need to get people whom we really like (Dj's, etc.) we don't want to just get "anyone". Anyway, thanks so much, again!!!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Just got married at the Pok. Grand! Everything was amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards