Honeymoon Discussions

South American Honeymoon Ideas?

Hi, 

My fiance and I would really like to go out of the country (USA) for our honeymoon.  We are especially leaning towards South America. 

We're both really interested in encountering a new culture and i really want somewhere with beautiful landscapes and relaxing environment.  We are both looking for something not incredibly expensive as well. 

Our wedding is May 26, 2012, so we're planning on leaving the day after. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any good all inclusive packages? 

Thanks!

Re: South American Honeymoon Ideas?

• We did an amazing 3 week trip through Latin America.  We started in Peru and toured Lima, Cuzco, and Machu Picchu.  We didn't choose an all inclusive package because we wanted to be able to eat our own meals in some of the cities, but our tour (through AAA) did include meals at key places like Machu Picchu and lunch but not dinner in some places.  If you want to do the Inca Trail (4 day, 3 night hike of the Inca Trail), I hear it's an experience of a lifetime, but physically tiring.  We didn't do that -- just took the train.

We then headed to the Gapalapagos which is CRAZY expensive so I won't elaborate further.  We finished with a week in Costa Rica which was probably the most affordable part of the trip.  It's not South America, but you can definitely find some AI resorts there.  I would recommend stopping in more than one region of the country.  We did 3 nights in the volcano region (Arenal), 3 nights in the rain forest (Monteverde) and 4 nights on the coast (Guanacaste). 

My next dream SA vacation would be a massive food, wine, and photography tour -- Mendoza, Patagonia, and maybe Buenos Aires.  Ugh, just talking about it is making me drool :-)
  • I would recommend Argentina 100%
    We went to Buenos Aires and Bariloche and had an amazing time. The food is incredible and there are tons of things to do. Also, your money will go a long way which made us enjoy the vacation even more.
    Buenos Aires itself is super cosmopolitan, you can go to the theatre, tango shows, take tours to the outside towns, and eat amazing food....
    Bariloche is more of a skiing town, and March will be summer in there, so you might wanna go somewhere else. I hear the waterfalls near Brazils border are beautiful.......just talking about Argentina makes me wanna jump on a plane and go!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards