Destination Weddings Discussions

What would you do??

Hi Girls..

So my latest freak out haha - my wedding planner has me totally second guessing my decision to wear my hair down.  My wedding is outside on a pier - it could get super windy and obviously, before sunset, it could be pretty hot.  Here's the thing - I've always HATED my hair up!  It's just not me... I've been growing it out and I really wanted it long and flowy.  The WP told me that most brides who go that route end up looking like a hot mess by the end of the night and their hair is in a pony tail holder.... So, I'm really worried about that, but, like I said, I HATE my hair up!  Even in High School when I went to proms, I'd have them do it half up half down.

So... what would you do??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What would you do??

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Can you do it half up? Pull the sides up somehow and still leave the back long and flowey. You can also pull pieces down from the sides and make some curls or whisps in them.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'm having this same issue! Although I have awhile to decide....I'm now leaning towards a ponytail type thing where they can put the back over one of my shoulders, so it's up off my neck but still looks kind of "down-ish" if that makes sense.
  • I say wear it down...it will be pretty in the wind =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Emily, that's a tough one!  
    I know that for me I would hate for my hair to be blowing in my face during the ceremony!  Maybe like the others have suggest, you can wear it half up?  Is that an option or do you not like that look?

Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about a do that has it all pulled to the side but still flowy - but not quite a side ponytail?

Like this?  I have the same bangs so that's why I saved this photo.
  • I'm having the same issue, I hate my hair up. I'm just gonna do a half up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out my bio for pics of half ups.  You can just pull the sides back or do a very low ponytaile type style and still have curls and look flowy.  Good Luck!
  • I'm having the same issue.  I think I'm doing up for the wedding or half up.  But for the AHR it will be down.  Kind of the best of both worlds.  Try talking to your hairdresser and see if she has ideas.

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I'm going to go against the grain here and say do it up. I hate my hair up too but I saw wedding pictures from a girl on the Hawaii board who had a beautiful half up half down do, and before she even walked down the aisle the wind destroyed it. It only looked good in the getting ready photos :( They'll find a way to make you beautiful! I'm sure you'd rather be comfortable and pretty than go with something you like and be wind blown and sweaty early on.
  • I agree, I hate my hair up too. I think your best bet is to do it half up that way even in the wind it should stay out of your face, but you still get the length.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards