Registry and Gift Forum

Thank You Notes to Bridal Party Before or After Wedding?

Should I write and give out Thank Yous when I hand out hte bridal party gifts, or after the wedding?  I don't want to write 2 of them, but want to thank them for both being in the wedding and for sharing the day with us/gifts, etc. 

Re: Thank You Notes to Bridal Party Before or After Wedding?

• I gave mine out at the RD.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Give them out before the wedding.  Then, if you receive a gift from someone in your wedding party, write them a second note.  For us, we wrote TY notes to the individuals that participated in our ceremony (we didn't have a formal bridal party), and then we wrote TY notes for gifts they gave with their significant other addressed to them as a couple.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_thank-you-notes-to-bridal-party-before-or-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:1c0fbd49-8686-45d2-b1bf-26074d678142Post:c56ea746-23b9-4c70-af73-aa5e20657d2d">Re: Thank You Notes to Bridal Party Before or After Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Give them out before the wedding.  Then, if you receive a gift from someone in your wedding party, write them a second note.  For us, we wrote TY notes to the individuals that participated in our ceremony (we didn't have a formal bridal party), and then we wrote TY notes for gifts they gave with their significant other addressed to them as a couple.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

This is what we did. With their gifts we gave more casual cards, and for their gifts a more formal thank you card.
  • Traditionally it is done at the rehearsal dinner with a small gift of gratitude.  Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like the "love is trading in your perals for his dog tags" so sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards