Military Brides

Balls?

Our Marine Corps ball was this weekend. Anyone else have theirs, or have theirs coming up?What about you other branches, when are yours?Our was wonderful! He just got a promotion a few weeks ago, and got his blood stripes on his trousers and looked so good!Hope you all had, or will have, a wonderful time!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Balls?

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a great time! I don't even know when ours is - FI is so busy studying and writing his thesis, I doubt he has even paid attention to that. I wish he would though- I would love to go :-)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wish we could have gone... FI got stuck on Guard duty for the past 3 months and will hopefully be off by Thanksgiving.
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ the title. ;)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    They had ours the weekend before Halloween. I didn't go because 1) FI is deployed, and 2) since I'm active duty too, they said I had to wear my dress blues (instead of a ballgown or cocktail dress) even though I'd be considered my FI's date. So I exercised my right NOT to go because I thought that was totally lame. I dress like a man everyday in my uniform, is it so much to ask that I feel like a lady the night of the Coast Guard ball?
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww that sucks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I just found out that here in Miami, they're holding a Christmas party at the Hyatt in Ft Lauderdale, and we don't have to wear our uniforms, YAY!! FI will be home by then, so it'll be nice to go to a function together, when we've spend the past 5 months apart.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And you'll get to get all nice and dressed up!!! That's really exciting!
  • meganreillymeganreilly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    does the army have them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards