New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Fun Times Tuesday

Hi Ladies,

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought I would devote Fun Times Tuesday to it.

1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving?

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going?

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Jaimie

Re: Fun Times Tuesday

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    --We always have TONS of people over and it's always at my house.

--I love being around everyone, all the family I haven't seen in a while; it's what makes the holidays right.

--Corn pudding. It's a side dish my mom has made since I was little, and it's basically corn and eggs and it's just really sweet and delicious.

--Like I said, we are at my house and we are just hanging out together.

--I am thankful for a few things. First for my parents paying for the wedding, they're heavensent. And I am also thankful the internship I have and the people there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving?  Just getting together with the family

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?  I like how relaxed it normally is (not sure how this year will be with the ILs involved)

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?  mashed potatoes

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going?  We are hosting it at our house...should be interesting considering I don't really cook

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving?  DH and my family :)
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    - We don't really have any.

- The chance to sit down and eat dinner with my family.

- I'm going to be weird and say turnips. I love turnips.

- I'll be spending Thanksgiving with my ILs for the first time.

- That I'm married to DH finally. Also, both my grandparents passed away this year, so I'm thankful for the family that I do have.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving? no real traditions

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? spending time with FI's family- there are always alot of laughs

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? hmm dessert!!!

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going? We are going to FI's Uncle's house in Queens as we have done for the past 8 or 9 years :)  I usually bring a dessert, I like to try a new recipe each year as his aunts make the typical thanksgiving desserts!  This year I made peanut butter bars with reese peanut butter cups in them, YUM

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving? My FI and our house :) We've been together since we were 16, I can't believe we are finally getting married and own a home!!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving? Picking our "Big Stocking" (secret santa) names, making my Grandmothers cookies

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? Being with family and friends

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Mashed Potatoes and my Grandmothers cookies

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going? Going to my sisters then in-laws, then our friends house

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving? my family and friends
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving? My mom cooks and we all go to her house...watch footballl...nothing out of the ordinary

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? eating and spending time with my family...esp. my nephews.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? stuffing...i could eat a whole plate(s) of it

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going? see above

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving?  that we survived another year without any tragedy (my family had a bad streak going for awhile) and that our wedding was so awesome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving? nothing too crazy. Family gets together at my parent's house, eats TONS of food, and the women chat while the boys watch fball.

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? I don't like turkey, so there's usually not much, but I like spending time with my family. But this year it's my bday so that's my fav part!

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? mashed potatoes or apple pie

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going? the same thing we do every year (see 1)

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving? that this year is almost over. It's been quite trying. I hope next year brings better things.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My tradition is I lay on the couch like a bum to watch the parade, then go to my parents.  when my grandparents were alive we would go to their house, eat dinner then listen to the Chipmunks Christmas record

being with my family, very important

Mashed Taters!

Going to my parents for dinner

After yesterday's adventure I am very thankful for my life.  I chased after a shoplifter yesterday (after not thinking it through)  I didn't realize til after the fact he really could have hurt me or killed me...but I did save $685 worth of merchandise from being stolen!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. What are some family traditions your family has for Thanksgiving? Green Jello Mold from my Great Aunts recipe - not thanksgiving without it! Oh and Football

2. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? Other then family time, the long weekend

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Mashed Potatoes

4. What are you doing this year and where are you going? Going to my parents - Fi and I are spending this year apart

5. What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving? My nephew - I swear this 2 year old makes my day! He is so funny and loveable
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Football! We used to go to my uncles and he would have the fireplace lit and football on in the background.  It used to drive all the women crazy - it was fun to hang out with them!

I love the 'Fall' Holiday feeling of it.  The fire's lit, football in the background (and the game doesn't matter), family bickering in the kitchen and the smells - what is better then a house smelling like a beautiful Thanksgiving meal? Family too of course :-)

My Mom's mashed turnips w/carmelized onions.  Oh I can't wait!

FI & I are hosting just my Mom and my little SIL... the rest of the fam is here there and everywhere.  FI has off Friday so I'm really looking forward to a lazy evening/morning with him.

So many things!  First and foremost I am so thankful to God and the Universe for giving me my FI - he is the greatest man I know and I cannot wait to be his wife.  My family is pretty great too - but my girlfriends?  My girls are God's gift to my life.  I have SO much to be gratefull and thankful for this year!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

-Shivs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards