Louisiana-New Orleans

Welcome Party Questions

Hi there- sorry to post several things in a row, but you guys are just SO helpful!  I love it!

I would like to have a welcome party to welcome guests from OOT (everyone) on the night before the wedding.  However, the only time we could do this is after the rehearsal dinner (if we have an early RD).  So is it tacky to just have welcome drinks (wine and beer, I guess- can't really afford to do open bar 2 nights in a row ;-) ) starting about 8:30pm after the RD?  I guess we can just leave about 11pm to get a good night's sleep...I have seen that several brides have done it- just want to make sure we're not being tacky by not inviting all OOT guests to RD, which would be entire wedding list.

Any really afforable places you can recommend to do this welcome party?
thanks so much gals!

Re: Welcome Party Questions

• edited December 2011
    We are doing something similar. we rented a hotel suite at royal sonesta and will just tell people to stop by after 8:30. We are having an open bar and some desserts. I think if a lot of guests are OOT, this is perfect. I know a lot of my guests flights arent getting in until around 5pm on friday anyway and i want to give them a chance to get settled and checked in and not rush them into a formal rehearshal dinner. Our rehersal dinner will just be family and will be at Stella!. I think most people would totally be cool with this and not offended....

• e.everette.everett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     We're having a 4pm rehersal with dinner after at Ralph's on the Park. Then FI parents are hosting cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at The Napoleon House in the quarter starting at 8:30. That way people can come by for a while but still do their own thing that night
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a formal RD at Broussard's then second lined with all our guests to Tujague's for our Welcome Party. Everyone understood that if we had invited all our OOT guests to the RD, it would have been about 75% of the guest list. The Welcome Party was a huge hit.

I'd check out Tujague's - they didn't charge us a room rental fee b/c our party was from 9pm until midnight. If we had reserved the room upstairs, it would have been $325 (I think) for the room plus drinks, etc.  
  • meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE had a welcome party at Pat O'Briens the night before the wedding (our rehearsal dinner was the Thursday night beofre the wedding) it was great we invited everyone from out of town and we provided evryone with 1 drink ticket for a free drink of their choice. We did not pay to rent out Pat O's we just sort of took over and it was a HUGE success. We had it early and then everyone went on to do their own thing for dinner. Again it was a blast
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards