Iowa-Quad Cities
Options

The Pzazz Burlington IA?

Hi There! I'm planning my wedding at the Pzazz, but I'm having a small wedding and the event planner recomended the Huckleberry Hall. I tried to look it up online (I don't live in IA) BUT i can't find any pics or description. Anyone here, got married there and can help me out with some inputs? Thank you! Also, I need a cute small chapel/church close by and this has been driving me nuts! Any suggestions?

Re: The Pzazz Burlington IA?

• Options
    We are actually getting married there (Iowa Dream Weddings church) in 11 days! We are having the ceremony at the church and then the reception in Burlington. I would HIGHLY recommend it!! Also, do you think your planner meant Hiberia Hall? Thats on Washington St. in Burlington (we are having th ereception here thats why I thought of it.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_the-pzazz-burlington-ia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:93Discussion:9f42fcdb-eaaa-4e32-8eb1-e64becdd49c0Post:528a823e-f06d-40cd-89f5-e7ac6c94f257">Re: The Pzazz Burlington IA?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are actually getting married there (Iowa Dream Weddings church) in 11 days! We are having the ceremony at the church and then the reception in Burlington. I would HIGHLY recommend it!! Also, do you think your planner meant Hiberia Hall? Thats on Washington St. in Burlington (we are having th ereception here thats why I thought of it.)
    Posted by mmy101[/QUOTE]
     That's the church I've been looking. Glad to know is close to the Pzazz resort! What are you using for the music there? Are you hiring someone? Thank you!!! I can't wait until i see some of your pictures and reviews!
  • Options
    Sorry this is late, but I didn't think to check back! Anyway, here is the website: http://www.burlington.lib.ia.us/Heritage%20Trust/Hibernia.htm, it has a floor plan and all the contact info on there. We used it a reception space, so our layout was different, but here are a few pics anyway to give u some idea.

dance floor, you can see the stage (with or sweetheart table)

We had 12 tables, dj table, buffet table, cake table, dance area, and stage. This is to show you how we layed it out

Dance area w/disco

dance floor view

cake cutting (we stuck in the table in the corner)

Also, They do have a soundsystem, but we went with a DJ. They porvided all the table and chairs, I would suggest a tour to see if it would work for you!
  • Options
    We are still getting photos in, so here are some more shots of the floor:

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_the-pzazz-burlington-ia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:93Discussion:9f42fcdb-eaaa-4e32-8eb1-e64becdd49c0Post:21edc3c4-028b-44ba-a19d-785edd791c4d">Re: The Pzazz Burlington IA?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are still getting photos in, so here are some more shots of the floor:
    Posted by mmy101[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the pictures!!! It seems you had a lot of fun! How was your experience with the Iowa Dream weddings chapel? Also I'm looking for someone to do my flowers in the area, do you recommend someone? Thank you!</div>
  • Options
    I highly recommend Iowa Dream Weddings! He let me do whatever I wanted (decor wise). I got the church a few days before the wedding, giving me plenty of time to decorate however I wanted at my pace (kinda a control-freak in that aspect!) I did all my own flowers (1/2 at Hobby Lobby), so I cant help with that, sorry. Here are some of my favorites from the church:

ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!!!

Had to throw that it, coming out of church

It took awhile, but I was really happy how it turned out

There is a spiral staircase, I loved it

45minutes before ceremony

Taken from the balcony, highly recommend getting a shot or two from there.
  • Options
    Amazing!!! Let me ask you this..How did you figure the music out? He told me I can se the piano or the soundsystem. Did you hire someone or just asked a person to be in charge?
    I don't knoe what to do!

• Options
    We went the easy route, we had my mom's boyfriend (not that emotionally attached or really involved) stay in back and do it. That way I got the grand processional I wanted and everybody I wanted to see it did. There are plenty of side/back entrances so if you want, the person could just slip in back if you wanted them to. I was very percise about my wedding choices, so it was nice to pick out the exact music I wanted. The church also has some CDs for prelude music too.
           I always speak very highly of the church. He was flexible, kept in constant contact, and even text me the morning of! (it was a little chilly and wanted to know if I wanted the heat on). I can gush and gush, but this is your wedding and you can do whatever you want, esp since this is a non-affliated church. Goodd luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards