Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Second Wedding Vows

My soon to be fiance and I have recently had a discussion regarding our vows in our ceremony (This is his second wedding and my first (and last) wedding).  We want to do something traditional but in the same light, I'm feeling a little odd about reciting traditional vows as those were the vows that he and his ex wife used.  I want the ceremony to be as traditional as possible, however I'm confused as to how to personalize our vows.  How could I incorporate the traditional vows in addition to our own personal vows? 
He thinks that it'd be a cool idea to write our vows to each other and exchange them either before or after the wedding, this way they're not only personal (in that we'd be the only two to see them) but something that we can keep and maybe even scrapbook someday if we decide to share them...
Any ideas?? I'm open to any and everything that you guys have to offer!! THANKS!

Re: Second Wedding Vows

• kookie1968kookie1968 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think writing your own vows is a great idea.  We are thinking the same thing and I can't decide if I want to say them in front of everyone or if we should just exchange them. Traditional is nice, but something from your heart is much nicer.  This is both our second marriage and speaking from our heart just seems right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards