Rhode Island
Options

Block Island Wedding?

I'm currently in the planning stages and I am completely IN LOVE with The Sullivan House on Block Island for my wedding.

Is anyone here either getting married on Block Island or was married there?

Also what did you do about guest accomodations?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Block Island Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi!
    We are getting married on Block Island 8/6/11. We looked into the Sullivan House and liked it, but we fell in love with Rose Farm Inn. We are still using Sean to cater because he was great and knowledgeable. There are a lot of options on the island for accomodations, but know that they can get costly, so just keep that in mind when you think about your guests. A couple of our guests are staying close to the ferry in Point Judith, instead of staying on the island. It is great to here from another possible BI bride, keep me updated on what you decide.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!

I'm just worried that since it's on an island that it will end up costing more for flowers, dj, etc. because they will be the only option on BI or will have to take the ferry to get there.

Are you doing an afternoon or evening reception?

Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SWood426SWood426 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are also toying with the idea of a Block island wedding for September of 2012.....we love Lynn's Way... Have you priced out any of the vendors on the island yet? I think that's going to be the make it or break it factor.  We would love to do a lobster bake style wedding, but we also have a concern regarding vendors and only having a limited number to choose from. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards