September 2012 Weddings
Options

well... after all of that dress drama.....

I have decided to sell the sample dress I JUST bought on Friday.  I looked at the pictures of my original dress over and over again.  And, it just looks more bridal on me, so I decided to wear that for my ceremony.  My sweetheart and I decided, if I was going to switch into a reception dress, I would show the pictures of the reception dress, but still keep the wedding gown a secret.  The reaction I got was "um. that's a wedding dress Christina.  I mean, its beautiful... but, when we talked before about a reception dress, you said you were going for a colorful, sparkly PARTY dress".  

Of course, this was NOT the reaction I was hoping for.  And, in retrospect... that is absolutely true. I wanted something bright & colorful, and now I have two wedding gowns.  I just got ridicuously overwhelmd by the SAMPLE SALE headline in my email.  So, this is what I have decided. I'm selling the mermaid dress. And, if I can sell it soon, I'm buying THIS:

http://www.sydneyscloset.com/sydneys-closet/7055/

it is VERY similar in cut/style to my wedding gown.  But, the color is the exact color my fiance is wearing... and I love how bright it is !.  I know I'll wear it again to balls & such (we go to places like that a few times a year).

So... that's the plan. Now, I gotta sell this damn dress.   LOL  I promise. NO more dress drama.   

thanks September brides for all of the amazing support. You all ROCK

Re: well... after all of that dress drama.....

• Options
    I'm glad you were able to make a final decision! I hope you're able to sell the other dress quickly. That green dress is cool :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    you will rock that dress! you love it, GO FOR IT!  i am so glad you decided to stay with your org dress, you look great in it :)
  • Options
    I'm so glad you made a decision and it seems like in the end you are being true to yourself!  The green dress is so fun and a beautiful cut (like your org dress) and it is so awesome you'll wear it again because it'll remind you of your wedding always!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards