Texas-Austin
Options

Things to do for OOT Guests

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone already made a list of things to do for out of town guests that they wouldn't mind sending me? I'm in a wedding next month and the bride is looking to send this out to her guests--of course she's crazy busy and doesn't have time to put it together. 

Please email me at startingoutsavvy {at} gmail {dot} com. Thanks in advance!

Re: Things to do for OOT Guests

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent even thought about this! If you end up with a list, please report back! I could use some ideas! :)

Just an idea though, ask her what her and her fiance do in their spare time. Favorite restaurants, parks, happy hour, whatever....that's probably what I will put in ours if I cant think of anything else! :)
    My Bio - From beginning to end, see how I planned my wedding on my Bio Website! "There will be a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
  • Options
    jlmowrisjlmowris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Amanda! They actually live in NYC, which is why they picked me (still in Austin) to do it for them. I'm searching the internet and think I have a decent start. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Austin Duck Tours (go on the water and on land, quack at passer-bys)
    Segway tours around downtown
    Alamo Drafthouse
    Catch live music on 6th Street, or jazz in the Elephant Room on Congress
    Pete's Dueling Piano Bar
    Esther's Follies (sketch comedy, magic show)
    Kayaking/Canoeing/Rowing on Lady Bird Lake
    Frisbee Golf at Pease Park
    Shopping on South Congress
    Walk around UT campus
    Watch the bats fly out from under Congress bridge at sunset
    Swimming at Barton Springs pool
    Take a horse-drawn carriage ride downtown
    Take a Pedicab ride to your car when out on 6th street
    Dancing at The Broken Spoke
    Unique-to-Austin dining experiences: eat outside at Shady Grove, tex-mex at Trudy's or Maudie's, trailer eateries (Best Wurst on 6th street, Flip Happy Crepes off Barton Springs, etc.), Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood or Iron Works BBQ downtown, Threadgill's, Austin Land & Cattle for steak, Breakfast Tacos at TacoDeli or Juan in a Million

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards