Not Engaged Yet

PW: Good vibes my way please?

So FI has really kicked up the job search recently. He's had a lot of leads that like him, but aren't able to hire him right now, so it's gotten disheartening. Well now he has two interviews next week! The first one is a listing that I found for him on craigslist as a CAD operator at a sustainable lighting design company. It looks like a pretty cool company. It'd be a little bit more of a drive for him, definitely worth it, especially if he's making more than he does now.

The other one he's been working on for a little while. A woman he works with now worked at this graphic design firm for like 20 years, but decided it wasn't what she wanted to do anymore. She still has connections there, so she talked to somebody who may be looking for an intern and then possibly lead to permanent. She finally emailed him back today after like two weeks because they are so busy. She said for him to come in for a quick interview and a tour of the office. I don't know that they are necessarily looking to hire, but we'll see how it goes.

I really hope something comes out of one of these. I'd feel a lot more comfortable making the decision to go to grad schol if he had a more stable, better paying "career" job. And if he gets to use his skills learned in architecture school, that'd be even better because I think he would enjoy it more.

I'll keep you ladies updated, I think both interviews are on Monday. I just want them to be now so we can know sooner!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PW: Good vibes my way please?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards