Wedding Etiquette Forum

I suck, need help on tipping etiquette please.

1. Wedding cake is going to be delievered by a sweet lady who own's her own bakery. The wedding package includes the cake so I have no idea how much the cake is to calculate percentage to tip.

2. Catering Manager is also going to be our bartender. We've already paid everything in full and a 20% service charge was included in our wedding package already. Does that cover out Catering Manager's tip too? If not, what's the percentage I should tip?

3. Club Event Manager She's the contry club's event manager and I've been doing most of my wedding planning through her. She said she'll be at the wedding on the day of but I don't know if she'll be counted as the day of coordinator since we didn't hire her to do so?

Sorry if these all seem really over answered. I just can't seem to find a good answer to all of them so just threw this up here for you ladies.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I suck, need help on tipping etiquette please.

• I wouldn't tip any of those people.
  • Me either. You may want to check & see if the service charge includes tip for the bartender. Ours did, but some don't. We ended giving each of our bartenders a little extra anyway. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like we are in the same situation for all three things.  I'm not planning to tip any of these people.  The cake delivery person owns her own business and the catering already has gratuity added, so a tip wouldn't be necessary.  I think the best way to thank all of these people is a good review if you feel that they have done a good job.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-suck-needs-help-on-tipping-etiquette-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:38b54acd-29fc-46ed-a7d1-fc661ba1ad13Post:3ba7b1b5-e0cd-40ab-8fc6-88ca3af3d5b6">Re: I suck, need help on tipping etiquette please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me either. You may want to check & see if the service charge includes tip for the bartender. Ours did, but some don't. We ended giving each of our bartenders a little extra anyway. 
    Posted by spartybride3[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes the service charge was included in the "beverage" section on our invoice. Great!!! No tipping = more money to spend at honeymoon. Phew~ Thank you ladies!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1) we didn't tip

2) I think we gave about $100.  

3)The venue coordinator a lot more.  Our wedding was a little complicated due to weather issues, so we wanted to show our appreciation.

In your case, I would give something a little more than just the bartender tip to the catering manager.  Not a lot, but something extra for having to do double duty so to speak.

I would also tip the club event manager.   Nothing really big, but something,

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We didn't tip our club manager. If you feel her service is above and beyond, go ahead. But a tip is likely not expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards