South Carolina-Charleston

Help!!! Indoor ceremony/reception site for December

My fiancee and I are going to get married in Charleston in December of this year and I'm having a terrible time finding a venue that caters to indoor ceremonies and receptions. We want to keep it all central if at all possible. Neither of us are religious so we don't really want to do a church or chapel. I am trying to do a vintage wedding but I'm about to give up on that because I can't find anything. 

PLEASE help!!

Re: Help!!! Indoor ceremony/reception site for December

• nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are invited?
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are using the garden at the Confederate Home on Broad Street, but they have an indoor, large double drawing room that can also be used for a ceremony. And then I believe there is another space that could be used for indoor reception. I wouldn't recommend it for more than about 75 people because it isn't huge. Also try the South Carolina Society Hall at 72 Meeting St.  And the historic Rice Mill on Lockwood would also be nice and they have a variety of indoor spaces.
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had to move our outdoor wedding at Alhambra Hall in Mt. Pleasant inside at the last minute due to rain.  We had about 100 show up and it wasn't bad.  People said they liked how intimate it felt, but I wouldn't recommend this for more than 100.  The ceremony was in the foyer and we were able to make a grand entrance down the stairs.  The reception was upstairs.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to have about 120 people there. I'm looking into the American Theatre right now and hoping that works out.
  • hatchjdhatchjd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter was going to have her December wedding ceremony and reception at the Francis Marion Hotel. We also had 120 uests.  I thought the rooms were lovely and the cost was very reasonable.
    They have decided on an intimate elopement wedding this month instead.
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are ok with having it at a hotel then I really liked The Mills House downtown...it has plenty of space (and different rooms) for you to hold a wedding and reception...and they also have a cute little courtyard if your guests want to get some fresh air

http://www.millshouse.com/events/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    there are so many great venues for smaller crowds..

i'd look into:
    magnolia plantation
    pepper plantation
    eye level art gallery

all of them allow outside caterers and have great prefered vendor lists to help you with the process.

good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually doing my ceremony/reception at eye level art gallery! The man that owns it is super nice and you have pretty much a blank slate to work with.....

PAL/TTCAL welcome

me and mikeLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/14lrdpj.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/j65vnd.jpg[/IMG]

This is our rainbow baby! Lincoln born July 23 at 37w6d

Pictures

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding/reception in the Francis Marion Hotel and it was BEAUTIFUL the food was great, & the party lasted all night long !!!! Also, if it's affordable, then even better!!!! 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • edited December 2011
    alexis.arnone:

Just wondering if you ended up going with the American Theater?  If so, what is your color scheme?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Francis Marion Hotel. They have 3 different ballrooms of varying sizes. We stayed there the first night of our honeymoon, and we have gone back for an anniversary trip. They are awesome.

You can find photos of each different ballroom here: http://www.charlestonwedding.com/#/francis-marion-hotel-charleston-reception-venue/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_indoor-ceremonyreception-december?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:5ee5917f-7977-4f9a-97f9-f2173dc1243dPost:8abf7fdc-2ab0-4463-9f82-114bae9b1a0a">Re: Help!!! Indoor ceremony/reception site for December</a>:
    [QUOTE]alexis.arnone : Just wondering if you ended up going with the American Theater?  If so, what is your color scheme?
    Posted by nicolethegrrr8[/QUOTE]

We did!! They're offering excellent prices for the month of December!

We're doing an "Old Hollywood" type theme and our color scheme is black and red. They have cocktail tables to use and they're red/black.Love them! I know that it's weird because the reception hall is gold and light blue, but I think it will work out nicely. We're doing ivory colored linens for the larger tables we'll use so the chairs should fit in nicely since they're ivory/gold.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_indoor-ceremonyreception-december?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:5ee5917f-7977-4f9a-97f9-f2173dc1243dPost:a3d1c987-8790-4137-b289-cfa2d2e94723">Re: Help!!! Indoor ceremony/reception site for December</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help!!! Indoor ceremony/reception site for December : We did!! They're offering excellent prices for the month of December! We're doing an "Old Hollywood" type theme and our color scheme is black and red. They have cocktail tables to use and they're red/black.Love them! I know that it's weird because the reception hall is gold and light blue, but I think it will work out nicely. We're doing ivory colored linens for the larger tables we'll use so the chairs should fit in nicely since they're ivory/gold.
    Posted by alexis.arnone[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!  We are trying to do a similar art-deco old hollywood theme. There are so many different colors throughout the different spaces. I think we're gonna go with black and ivory.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards