New York
Options

Gifts for young ringbearers

Hi ladies!
  I have 2 ringbearers in my wedding (both my godsons) who are 3 and 7. I wanted to get them a gift that they will like but also one that is special and will remind them of the wedding. I know you can "shop like it's their birthday" but I want it to be more sentimental! Any suggestions?
Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!

Re: Gifts for young ringbearers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not to be a jerk but 3 and 7 year old boys will not get sentimental and chances are they won't later either. What about getting them a fun toy and then a frame with a picture of just you and them from the wedding? You could write them a nice note on the back or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Usually when you start your post with "not to be a jerk" you're being rude. Thanks for the bottom half of your suggestion. I teach 1st grade, I get that they aren't sappy, but they can definitely understand when something holds more importance
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I teach first grade also. I was just trying to tell you not to kill yourself getting something sentimental. Also, I don't see how I was rude, just telling you my opinion. Good luck with the gift hunt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to get them something fun like it is there birthday and than maybe something they will appreciate later in life. Like a box that is engraved for them to keep there treasures now and a later valueables. My FI has a box that he uses to keep his cufflink, money, watch, ect. like that. It was given to him when he was little for some special ocassion.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    atayk21atayk21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shopped for mine (7 y/o and 4 y/o) like it was their birthday too. Unfortunately I forgot to give them their gifts at the RD, but they had no idea! I felt terrible, but they got them when we cam home from our honeymoon.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got my RB and FG each a really nice pewter bank from a jewelry store and had them engraved with their names and RB or FG.  I got him a soccer ball and her a carousel (both things they really like).  They really weren't too expensive.  Then I'm going to get them a toy or something else for them that they will like much better probably.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards