Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Opinions on ceremony songs

I want to walk down the isle to 1000 years.  I know it's from Twilight but we aren't telling the fianceWink.  I love the words to it about being one step closer and being scared during the walk but IDK?My question is do you think it's a better choice to do the version with lyrics or the instramental?  Also, any ideas for songs for the girls to walk to before it?

Re: Opinions on ceremony songs

• I actually first heard this song by Lindsey Stirling (a violinist) without knowing it was from Twilight (I HATE TWILIGHT), but I still love the song. Check out the Lindsey Stirling and Aimee Proal version, it had gorgeous instrumentation. It is a violin, voice, piano trio and amazing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really liked this song too!! definitely didn't know it was from twilight and will definitely not be spilling those beans if i use it!!  my only concern about it was the lyric that says i died everyday....  such a fitting song otherwise though :)
  • I really wanted to use that song as well but the vitamin string quartet version (no words) but then I found out if was the song in twilight :(
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • This instrumental by the Piano Guys is amazing... My MOH will be using it in her wedding next summer (thanks to my suggestion!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_opinions-on-ceremony-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:8cf84083-5eac-4bc9-92db-defd08f3edecPost:d20f0b0a-18d1-4581-82a8-f7b9ae5628b9">Re: Opinions on ceremony songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really liked this song too!! definitely didn't know it was from twilight and will definitely not be spilling those beans if i use it!!  <strong>my only concern about it was the lyric that says i died everyday....</strong>  such a fitting song otherwise though :)
    Posted by jenlynn426[/QUOTE]

This lyric isn't literal if you separate it from the Twilight movies. When I hear that line, I think about the fact that my heart was lying it wait and was not fully awakened or alive until I met my now-H. If you think of it in those terms, it makes the song even more special for a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards