California-San Diego
Options

Garden venue?

Hi San Diego area ladies,

I need your help with venue suggestions (big enough for 80-100 people).  I would like to have a mid-morning ceremony followed by a short tea reception.  I'm looking for a garden that we can rent for the morning to early afternoon to do this in.  Every venue I have found wants to provide every service (chairs, tables, catering), or is horifically expensive (I'm trying to keep the venue budget below $1,000).  

Really, I just want to be able to rent a garden for about 5 hours with no bells and whistles for less than $1,000, but I can't find anywhere in San Diego that has this service.  Does anyone who live there know of somewhere that fits the bill?  I can think of at least one if not more places in my home city that offer this, but I'm really not familiar enough with San Diego to find one (other than Balboa Park, which we've already looked at, but doesn't allow receptions in any of the gardens except for one, which we didn't like).

Thanks!

Re: Garden venue?

• Options
    Have you looked at the San Diego Botanical Garden? I don't know anything about the pricing, but you might want to check it out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_garden-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:69d14f10-49e9-4789-8ef0-3909b8a5088dPost:b40f8e74-a973-4df9-90cd-54bc417eca8f">Re: Garden venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked at the San Diego Botanical Garden? I don't know anything about the pricing, but you might want to check it out! 
    Posted by erinlacey7[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes! The SDBG was my first thought. And then Balboa Park. Hehe. </div><div>
    </div><div>Link to pricing website here:

<div><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.sdbgarden.org/wedding_price.htm">http://www.sdbgarden.org/wedding_price.htm</a></div></div><div>
    </div><div>It will run you over $1,000 but you may be hard-pressed to find a garden ceremony/reception location for under that price in San Diego. Best wishes with your search and let us know what you find! :) </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  

The Botanical Garden was by far the closest thing I found, but they charge significantly extra for the reception (I can find pretty much the same deal in my home city for $800 less, so I'm looking for something comparable to that, which is probably not possible).  Guess I'm being too picky :)
  • Options
    Coming from a gal who had it all fall in to place for her . . . it will all fall in to place when you least expect it! I'm sure that whatever is meant to be will happen. I too was being extremely picky, and finally one day, I got exactly what I wanted! Your day will be amazing no matter what you go with (: Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with erin... everything will fall into place! FI and I were venue-hunting on a tight budget, and it was so, so frustrating. But in the end we managed to find the perfect venue for us. It just takes a lot of research and a lot of patience!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you don't mind a little drive, Rancho Guajome Adobe County Park in Vista is really pretty.
  • Options
    I would check out Leo Carrillo Ranch in Carlsbad too. It's pretty and kind of off the beaten path, but gardeny. There are peacocks wandering around too though, just FYI :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards