South Asian Weddings

Eerie quiet

Why is the knot so quiet these days? I am addicted to it and it upsets me when I don't see the girls here. I am guessing all the married ladies are busy with their new roles but we need you on here. Tell us how its going, tell us wats different and tell us what you are upto. We want to hear!
As for me, its 100 days to my wedding and I am a little sad cos I miss all the activity back home. FI doesn't help it, he is busy with work. Anyways, where were you with your planning when it was 100 days to go?

Re: Eerie quiet

• MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Trupti8584
    Are you talking about the SA board...or theknot in general....?

I think it's because the high time of wedding season is over...

But I'm sure all of us 'wedded brides' check the boards from time to time!
  • edited December 2011
    I think MrsBM is right, the "wedding season" seems to be over so its coming into a lull around here.

I will still be around for another two months though :) As of today, there's 66 days to go. ACK!

I think at 100 days we had finalized our mandap and other decor and were getting our invites together. Now we're focusing on the details of things and of the days events.

I can't imagine what it's like for you since all your festivities are in India. Are you having a shower or something state side?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Trupti8584Trupti8584 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mrs BM..I meant the SA board.. how's life with dh?

Raangoli..About 2 months..wow..it's getting closer! Are you going on a honeymoon soon after? where?
    Yeah, my family is doing all the arrangements and I might have a shower here, in November. Cant wait to go to India.

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since we moved the wedding so far back, that we really don't have to do anything till next year, since it will still be two years but we can book the venues for the ceremony, but he actually needs to be here to do that!  So nothing to report....
    School is starting from next week, and I am so not ready!!!!  Lately, I just don't want to do anything and I am missing FI a lot more lately!!! I don't know why??  I hope you guys enjoy your weekends!!
  • edited December 2011
    We've got some other things going on right now and aren't really planning much at the moment. We're still up in the air over whether to get married before or after the baby arrives in April. Either way it'll have to be small and inexpensive because we have other, more important things to spend money on right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hinaj.. Aww..school is going to keep you busy the next few months. You probably wont find time to do anything else. Does he live far away? It sucks when you want to be with him and he is elsewhere. I hated the few months we were away. The only thing I kept saying to myself was -this too shall pass... :P Now that we are in the same town, he is so busy that we hardly go out. Anyways, hope you have a great weekend too.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HisBeloved.. Baby on the way must be enough stress already. I am sure you can do without the wedding planning stress for now. Hope you figure things out and plan a lovely wedding when you are ready.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been way busy at work as well...  But... what can you do?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still nine months out from our top choice date.  Eight, actually.  And we don't have a venue. 

But we do have a tasting at my #1 venue next weekend to see if they can pull off Indian food.  I have a good feeling, I hope FI likes the place so we can put down a deposit and make a big check.

His Beloved One, congratulations on the baby!  Also, where did you get your badge?  I love it.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I made the badge; I took one of the badges from here and played with it in Paint till I got it just right.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the baby Beloved! You must be so excited! You guys have had a lot of change the past few months but you're right, as long as you have each other everything is is a moot point.

@Hina: Good luck with the start of classes. I am sure time will fly by during class. When will you get to speak with FI again? Did you plan your winter vacation? I hope so!

@Andamu: Hope your tasting goes well. That's great that the venue will let you try out their menu prior to booking.

We're at 64 days out and trying to get our invites out. Hopefully we'll be good to go this Monday.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Trupti8584 ...hubby and I are doing well...just started condo hunting again. 

Good Luck with school Hina!

Congrats Beloved

Honestly I miss being on here...and I'm still here...but not like I was when I was planning.

We got free tickets so Hubby and I are going to the first indial bridal show of the season in Toronto this weekend...It's called Kismet! 
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HisBeloved - Congrats on the baby!!!  I'm so happy for you guys!!

Trupti - He is sailing on a ship so I won't see him for another month or two and few calls here and there. 

Raangoli - IDK, when FI is going to call, I thought I would hear from him by now, but nothing so far and no emails either.  But they were going to stop at Hawaii before heading towards Korea and he told me he was going to call me when they get to Hawaii, but nothing so far.  Winter vacation is on hold till he is actually back because he made a good point the last time I was talking to him about this that if the ship ends up going somewhere out of the country on a long trip, the company doesn't allow crew members to change until they are back in the states...so if we end up booking the tickets now and his ship ends up going to Europe or Asia, it will take him at least a month to go and a month to get back.  It leaves us all in the dark as to what's going to happen.

Also, when he is ready to leave, he needs to request his replacement, and he can't leave until he comes.  A lot of varying factors that might work against us, so I am hoping that after he is back from Korea that he can come back in end of October or somewere in November. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys:)
  • edited December 2011
    @Hina: I don't know how you do it! That has got to be tough not knowing what his schedule will be and now having to hold off on the vacation plans. I think it's a great testament to your relationship though!

I hope classes are going well for you, it's something to occupy your time for sure. Hope work hasn't been driving you too crazy, either!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards