Outdoor Weddings
Options

Harp for Outdoor wedding?

I love the idea of having a Harp played at the ceremony as prelude, processional and recessional music. But I am reading that Harps are not a good suggestion for outdoor venues because the sounds travels up.  Wedding is only of 50ppl seated in a circle formation. The Harp would be placed towards the front. Has anyone had good/bad experience with a harp in an outdoor event? 

Re: Harp for Outdoor wedding?

• Options
    We're using a harp for our ceremony as well.  Our harpist hasn't had any trouble in getting her music heard but she is more than willing to use an amp to make sure the music is heard all the way in the back (we're having 120 people).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_harp-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:a543d00c-8c8d-45d3-b90a-207c4c21fb7fPost:7f6869cd-9527-472c-b542-4412b2991408">Re: Harp for Outdoor wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using a harp for our ceremony as well.  Our harpist hasn't had any trouble in getting her music heard but she is more than willing to use an amp to make sure the music is heard all the way in the back (we're having 120 people).
    Posted by flochan07[/QUOTE]

This.  We found our harpist after she played at a friends outdoor wedding.
  • Options
    I agree with PP, maybe look for one in your area ask if/how they have done outdoor weddings before.

This site goes all over, maybe you can find one in your area.

www.gigmasters.com
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards