Rhode Island

Castle Hill/Newport Yachting Center

Does anyone know approximately how much either one of these venues would cost for about 100 people? I am just starting to plan and would like to rule out extremely pricey places before I get too attached to either one.

Re: Castle Hill/Newport Yachting Center

• edited December 2011
    Castle Hill is extremely pricey. It was my first love but I had to come back down to reality.  If you are interested in the tented wedding look at the Regatta Place as well as the Yachting Center.  Those were my two choices and the Yachting Center was more affordable, I just fell in love with the Regatta.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at the NYC - the room fee was around $5,500 - and then we got quoted about $85 pp for food/drink.  Blackstone Catering does the food for them - and they seemed to be very flexible on pricing.  I would say its one of the more reasonably priced venues in newport.

I know Castle Hill is much more expensive than that - I didnt look into it though so I dont have all the details.
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly, Castle Hill is around $175/pp for food and beverage.  I don't believe they had a site rental fee but I could be wrong.  I think that all-in (flowers, band/dj, photographer) you could have your reception for 100 people at Castle Hill for around $50K.
  • edited December 2011
    Yachting Center was much more affordable for us which was important b/c our wedding is over 200 people.  They gave me the best rate on open bar, beating everyone else by about $10 a head.  They also have excellent food for a very reasonable price.  If you talk to NYC ask for Karen.  She is amazing and really made our budget work us.
    I also talked to Castle Hill and they were more expensive.  The site fee alone was around 7500.  Regatta which is their tented location on a peir had a lower site fee that NYC but their food and bev prices were higher and that didn't include the 18% gratuity they tack onto everything.  I actually ended up make a spreadsheet with all the fees/estimates on food, bev, gratuity, rentals, etc and NYC came in about 5 -10Kless.
  • edited December 2011
    The Regatta is not part of Castle Hill, it is the sister site to the OceanCliff.  The Regatta's food and bev is higher than NYC but as a personal preference I think the location of the Regatta is more desirable.  But if you do go with NYC definitely ask for Karen, she is a sweetheart!
  • edited December 2011
    opps!!! i looked at so many i'm finally starting to lose it.  Thanks for clarifying!!
  • edited December 2011
    That's ok, the two venues are easy to confuse!
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_castle-hillnewport-yachting-center?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:c895d864-8bad-482c-a5f7-586c9b972df5Post:718a1b22-5430-4642-abb5-210b3ddeb86a">Re: Castle Hill/Newport Yachting Center</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I remember correctly, Castle Hill is around $175/pp for food and beverage.  I don't believe they had a site rental fee but I could be wrong.  I think that all-in (flowers, band/dj, photographer) you could have your reception for 100 people at Castle Hill for around $50K.
    Posted by SummerBoston10[/QUOTE]

It's around $250 including p /p food & beverage.  Everything else is extra but they used to throw in the wedding night suite as a comp.  This may have changed in the last year or two.  Call them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards