Missouri-Kansas City

Mexican Restaurants?

Does anyone know of a really good Mexican restaurant that may cater? I'm not interested in "On the Border", or "Jose Peppers" (that includes Cactus Grille) and I've already priced Mi Ranchito- just was hoping for some other options.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Mexican Restaurants?

• kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jalapeno's. They are down south in Stanley, but I think there's also one in Brookside.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Manny's and one called Rudy's (I THINK that's what it's called....). I know you said you're not interested in OTB but i went to an event that catered it and it was REALLY good!! Just thought I'd throw that out there :) I'll let you know if I can think of any others! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Manny's is great!
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Dos Reales for her rehearsal dinner and they did a great job!  I beleive there are several locations in JOCO.
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard great things about Rudy's too, they are super affordable as well.

Also, I worked at Cactus Grille for a while.  Good call on eliminating that choice.  They washed the silverware one time, when it came out we were responsible for picking off anything that was left on (spinach, cheese, sauce, etc.) then rolling it up.  Sick, sick nasty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • steffydollysteffydolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you don't want Jose Peppers, but that sounds delicious right now...too bad they don't have one in Oklahoma :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

It was already suggested, but I'd definitely try Manny's and other Mexican restaurants on Southwest Blvd. 

Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Habaneros in Lee's Summit is VERY good and reasonably priced. That is what we are having catered for the rehearsal dinner! We love it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ponak's is AWESOME ... not sure about their catering, but the best IMO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • taraclayt1taraclayt1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone been to Torreon in old Overland Park?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • erinstone81erinstone81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Torreon!!!!!!!  Good food, margaritas and it's a cute, cute restaurant!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards