Canada-Ontario
Options

2 months and one day to go!

Almost everything is done, except the fiddly bits - the stuff I'm making - programs, clutches for the bridesmaids, the backdrop for the ceremony, seating cards and the wedding favours. 

The bridesmaids are having a heck of a time finding shoes...

With Christmas in between now and the wedding on Feb 5th, I feel like time is going to fly by!

Re: 2 months and one day to go!

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With Christmas I am surprised that shoes are hard to find - there are usually tons of New Years cute shoes out!  What are you asking them to look for?

Time will definitely go fast - January will fly by - but make sure to enjoy all of the moments with family over the holidays!  This is such an exciting time!
  • Options
    grlandherdoggrlandherdog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was asking them to look for gold shoes, but we are also looking for dark dark blue.
    I think the main problem is that the girls don't wear heels - and everything is very high 3.5" to 3" .  One girl doesn't wear heels over 1.5" and that's very tough to find. 

So the search continues.  They'll get their dresses on the 18th, so it may be easier to find them once they have the dresses to match them with. 

Working on simplifying things - like making the program one page; using a stencil and a king size sheet to do the backdrop instead of applique, stuff like that...
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray! Enjoy the home stretch, but remember there's no shame in dropping a project or two if you feel the need!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_2-months-one-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:b3d48a86-c0d9-4083-92c1-b99803361a8dPost:e169bdef-f88e-4845-885d-f530f0198ff5">Re: 2 months and one day to go!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was asking them to look for gold shoes, but we are also looking for dark dark blue. I think the main problem is that the girls don't wear heels - and everything is very high 3.5" to 3" .  One girl doesn't wear heels over 1.5" and that's very tough to find.  So the search continues.
    Posted by grlandherdog[/QUOTE]
    I like lower heels too and I agree that they're really hard to find!!  I've started looking for my wedding shoes already because I know what an uphill battle it's going to be.

Would silver shoes work instead?  They would certainly be easier to find and they look good with everything.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    grlandherdoggrlandherdog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've decided try Zappos.com - they ship to Canada.
    I'm going to order blue and gold in these: 

and return the colour that doesn't work. 

The stores in Toronto have been sadly lacking in lower heels.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards