New York-Hudson Valley

Huge Decision!

Hi all,

So for the past week or so, I've been looking at florists/floral designers in our area and I have come to the conclusion that to me, flowers and decor are a big deal and I definitely don't want to skimp on them! I already have the place, photographer and DJ, but I had been talking to a videographer that was more expensive. I decided to cut the videographer I'd been talking to and go with Fantasy Flash (I'm using Jimmy Dee for DJ) so that I can put that money into flowers. Have any of you had a situation like this before? I really loved the videographer I was talking to but I think I made the right decision. What do you guys think? Has anyone used Fantasy Flash??
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Huge Decision!

• edited December 2011
    Who were you talking to about flowers? I had met with about 6-8 florists before I decided on one.  The one I ended up going with gave me all the flowers I wanted & was just under budget.  If you haven't talked to Rosemary's on 9D in Wappingers I highly suggest her!  Best of luck in your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to YL Event Designs, Engaging Floral Designs, Arcadia, and Westchester Floral... still have a meeting with Monica Chimes for next week. As of now I'm leaning towards Westchester Floral, but I'm not sure yet. Are you going with Rosemary's??
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jimmy Dee is a reputable company so I'm sure their Videographer will be good. Who were you originally looking for for video if you don't mind me asking?

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lissy, that's what I was thinking! They have a rep to uphold! Also, I know one of the managers there (Neal) from high school and he gave me a good deal. I had been pretty close to booking Simply Video. Paul is amazing and I felt totally comfortable but he was like $1500 more than Fantasy Flash. I am waiting to hear back from Paul to see if he'll come down, but I'm assuming he won't.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_huge-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:c8c985d4-57d7-4fb8-b5ac-c3f96a16b0c8Post:4d486f41-f702-46d4-92ba-c7ec9d1ebbbe">Re: Huge Decision!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lissy, that's what I was thinking! They have a rep to uphold! Also, I know one of the managers there (Neal) from high school and he gave me a good deal. I had been pretty close to booking Simply Video. Paul is amazing and I felt totally comfortable but he was like $1500 more than Fantasy Flash. I am waiting to hear back from Paul to see if he'll come down, but I'm assuming he won't.
    Posted by AlliScott0414[/QUOTE]

Try to negotiate with the other company esp. if you really like them. You can say how you want to use them but the other place is offering you a better deal but maybe he can meet you half way at least?
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I called the video guy we loved and told him the situation - he hasn't gotten back to me yet but he said he'd work on it, so I might be able to get him still!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards