DC

Help! DC Bachelorette Party Ideas Needed!

keg13keg13 member
First Comment
Hey everyone,

So I'm a Northern VA bride getting married in January. My friends and I are over the DC club scene, not interested in having a toy party, not really in to wine tasting... I'm trying to think of something fun to do for my bachelorette party. My sister is planning it for me but I have no idea what to tell her... I thought about bowling or something (LuckyStrikes) but the reviews were not very good (Service-something I def. don't wanna deal with that night). Hopefully I'm not being too picky but I need ideas!!! Any suggestions are welcome...please...

Re: Help! DC Bachelorette Party Ideas Needed!

• keg13keg13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone,

So I'm a Northern VA bride getting married in January. My friends and I are over the DC club scene, not interested in having a toy party, not really in to wine tasting... I'm trying to think of something fun to do for my bachelorette party. My sister is planning it for me but I have no idea what to tell her... I thought about bowling or something (LuckyStrikes) but the reviews were not very good (Service-something I def. don't wanna deal with that night). Hopefully I'm not being too picky but I need ideas!!! Any suggestions are welcome...please...
  • kdecknickdecknic member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine at the national harbor. We are going to go to dinner and then Bobby McKey's which is a dueling piano bar that has fun drinks. I'm also over the clubbing scene so I thought this would be something fun and different. Have fun :)
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about doing a fancy girls night out? I always love those. Pick a really good restaurant that you wouldn't normally go to, get tickets to a show at the Kennedy Center, and get aaaaaaaall dressed up the way you would for prom or homecoming (my girlfriends and i usually get out our old prom dresses for this). The last time we did this, while we were at the Kennedy Center in our floor length silk dresses, all these women kept staring and going "Oh my god... why didn't we do that?" I don't know why people don't get dressed up to go out anymore, cuz it's a LOT of fun!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-bachelorette-party-ideas-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:6b82d277-5818-45f0-afbf-f1c536515a24Post:9dda44ca-5648-49a5-a6ba-5a012467d4b3">Re: Help! DC Bachelorette Party Ideas Needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you thought about <strong>doing a fancy girls night out?</strong> I always love those. Pick a really good restaurant that you wouldn't normally go to, get tickets to a show at the Kennedy Center, and get aaaaaaaall dressed up the way you would for prom or homecoming (my girlfriends and i usually get out our old prom dresses for this). The last time we did this, while we were at the Kennedy Center in our floor length silk dresses, all these women kept staring and going "Oh my god... why didn't we do that?" I don't know why people don't get dressed up to go out anymore, cuz it's a LOT of fun!
    Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

Love this idea!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would second the fancy night out.  Or instead of bowling, there is Dave and Busters up in Maryland which has games like Chuckee Cheese, and drinks, if you .  It's fun to let lose and act like a kid :D.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    fancy night out sounds like a blast.  I also second Bobby McKeys, which can be a really great time--just be careful about telling the piano guys that you're there for a bachelorette party:  when we went last year, a girl was there for that and they sang/had her act out a rather lewd song...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • keg13keg13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha... I totally forgot about National Harbour and Dave and Busters! Thanks for the great ideas everyone!
  • ctalley83ctalley83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know how big your party is (or maybe this is just more of a fun "girls night" activity and not so much a bachelorette party idea) but the Piano Bar in the Morrison House in Old Town has wonderful food and they also do a "sing along" on Saturday nights. It's very much an older crowd so it's the Frank Sinatra-type songs and sweet older couples singing duets. We took my finance's parents there for dinner last year and his mom had enough drinks in her that she actually got up and sang the "L is for the way you look at me" song to his dad!! So fun!! There was also a group of girls there just singing along and having a great time. Old Town is one of those places that you can go with a group of girls for a bachelorette party and get pampered everywhere you go because it's such a small town vibe!

Or have you ever tried one of those pole dancing parties? I don't know what you and your friends are into and I know it's not for everyone, but I thought it would be a blast if you had a small group of adventurous girls and a lot of champagne. Pole dancing classes are really fun and you get an awesome workout!! I've done a few classes with Diva Fit and I know there's another (cheaper) place in Alexandria called Pretty Lady Pole Fit that will do private parties.

Sorry this is so long... Good luck!!

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had one of our bachelorette parties at Dave & Buster's.  We had the other at Spa World out in Centreville, VA.  It's only $35 for a day pass, that will let you into all the saunas and pools with water jets.  You can get food there, or massages, although they are an extra cost.  It's a wonderful day of pampering!  The only caution is that the pools (single sex) require nudity.
  • edited December 2011

We threw a boudoir party.  Our photographers also shoot amazing boudoir images.  When I was going over a timeline for our wedding with them, I mentioned wanting to do something out of the box with my girls.  They suggested boudoir party.  We rented a suite and they came in with champagne, strawberries and other goodies, a hair and makeup person and even some accessories for us to use.  I ended up with a great present for the hubbie.  I thought I would save it for the first anniversary but it turned out so perfect that I could not wait.

Here is the photographers website, www.modernwed.net.

So much fun and made my guy smile!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards