New York-Hudson Valley

Vent it out

Open letter, confession, what's on your mind....do what you gotta do; today's the day to get out whatever you need to.

Jaimie

Re: Vent it out

• BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm personally having a problem with girls who say they're going to do things in support of friend and don't hold up their end of the bargin. Don't expect to be given thanks or praise when you don't follow through. It's very selfish and rude. But ya know what karma's a b*tch and it will get you because when she needed you most, you weren't there and guess what she now knows that.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really annoyed with my BMs! I never thought I would say that or have problems like this with them - my sister included. Lets just say they dropped the ball! And I think it is extra disappointing to me because I was there as theur BM (well for several of them not all) and would have never let that happen

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    edited December 2011
    I am so, so sick of going back and forth with the travel insurance, the airline and my MIA travel agent in an attempt to get the money back from my canceled honeymoon!!!

It has been 5 1/2 months, and we are due back a large sum of money and the travel insurance is trying to disqualify us, the airline is not being responsive and our travel agent is "so busy" and hasn't been getting back to us.

I just want this nightmare to end!!  Isn't the fact our dream honeymoon was canceled torture enough?? I do feel a bit better getting that out!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with you Jamie....I had that happen to me in the past. When I called off my wedding that time. It was great to see that people I chose as MOH or bridesmaids weren't even there for me. Instead they stressed me out more as if I wasn't going through enough.

Vent......I cannot get any sleep like ever! I have the hardest time falling asleep. So far this week the only night I got sleep was Tues night. I took some melantonin at like 8 and was real sleepy by 10 so it worked well. Last night though I was up till 1 am trying to go to sleep =(
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I REALLY don't want to travel to San Antonio for work in December and now I have to stay an extra day because non-stop flights are literally $1,200 cheaper when flying back home on a Wednesday than a Tuesday. Seriously, stupid airlines...
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I have another one. I'm moving this weekend. I just did a lot to get what I want packed to go into the apartment and what will go into the attic. In the midst doing this, I freaked out. I'm very close to my family and I'm not too thrilled about leaving them. It's a five minute drive between the two house but I'm sad. I spent a good part of the afternoon crying.

Did anyone else feel this way when they moved out?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vent-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:e89f4584-9ce3-4151-8308-a6e017899860Post:eeaafc73-3b2f-44e8-90cf-2cd646d7054c">Re: Vent it out</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I have another one. I'm moving this weekend. I just did a lot to get what I want packed to go into the apartment and what will go into the attic. In the midst doing this, I freaked out. I'm very close to my family and I'm not too thrilled about leaving them. It's a five minute drive between the two house but I'm sad. I spent a good part of the afternoon crying. Did anyone else feel this way when they moved out?
    Posted by BellaSposa223[/QUOTE]

awww Jaimie, just try to view it as moving on to the next step of your life, not "leaving" them. Its ok to be sad, but Just think of all the new memories you guys are gonna make alone and with your families

I didn't feel this way when I moved out, I was ready to go. My mom and I are so much alike that we were at each others throats.  I am literally a 2 minute car drive away.  But my mom did cry like a baby when I left.

Hugs! I'm sure it will be an exciting and emotional weekend and thats ok!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    feel for you Jaimie but had this breakdown when i left for college.  i seriously laid on my front lawn crying hysterically because i didn't want to leave.  my parents live 2 hours away from here on LI and i miss being near my mom sometimes.  we are a 15 minute drive from DH's parents. 
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    Jaimie...I am with Christine...i did not.  I was ready to go and I think that if I had stayed any longer, my mother and I would have killed each other.  I stayed several years after my dad died in order to help her out.  don't stress...you are soooo close to your family that you could be there in the blink of an eye if you needed to be...even if it was to go and watch some tv or something with them.  You will eventually love the freedom with the notion that you can see them at anytime but go home to your own space.

Vent...i wish my husband would put the damn dishes away.  I have now left them in the drainer for three days....but there are no bowls left and if he wants cereal he might have to...but he is a guy, so he might just grab one of the clean ones.  This whole "you are home all day" is a BS answer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Christine, Smatuza, and Steph--I hope you guys are right, I want to love having a new freedom; it's just very different. I think this makes up for when I decided to commute to school rather than go away. I'm trying to cope though.

Jaimie

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vent-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:e89f4584-9ce3-4151-8308-a6e017899860Post:e4601510-552c-4a8b-868f-5312cccc50db">Re: Vent it out</a>:
    [QUOTE]Christine, Smatuza, and Steph--I hope you guys are right, I want to love having a new freedom; it's just very different. I think this makes up for when I decided to commute to school rather than go away. I'm trying to cope though. Jaimie
    Posted by BellaSposa223[/QUOTE]

Hey girl, I didnt go away to school either, Sage is right, I am sure in time you will learn to love your freedom but know that you can see your family whenever you need to. I am sure your feelings are normal, so cry all the tears you want because deep down I know they are sadness and happiness! *hugs*
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • AmberG316AmberG316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am really upset that I basically "lost" one of my bridesmaids... She has been one of my best friends since we were in high school. She accepted being a bridesmaid and then didn't want to be involved with anything I was asking her to do with us. And it wasn't ever a polite decline, she actually yelled at me once on the phone.
    When I finally called her to talk to her about it and explain that I'd rather her come as a guest than to cause an issue in our friendship over all of the tension, she continued to scream at me, call me names and tell me I was ridiculous because I wasn't happy for her getting a boyfriend (which is not even a valid argument because she never even told me she crossed over from "this guy I only want to be friends with but go out on dates with" to "my boyfriend who has to go everywhere with me").
    After yelling at me, she has called me once (left a voicemail asking to talk, but not apologizing at all) and one text (asking if I got the voicemail) and never tried again to make an effort to fix things. I am really upset to lose her as a friend... and I feel like even if things fix between us over time, our relationship can never be the same.
    /end rant....lol. Thanks for whoever started this, it's really nice to be able to get things out!! It's hard to talk about this to other people because my mom and sister (MOH) are really pissed at her for doing it and my 2 other BMs are mutual friends with her.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AmberG316AmberG316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vent-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:e89f4584-9ce3-4151-8308-a6e017899860Post:187ed021-d4cc-404c-aeb3-3fcb29846779">Re: Vent it out</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vent it out : Hey girl, I didnt go away to school either, Sage is right, I am sure in time you will learn to love your freedom but know that you can see your family whenever you need to. I am sure your feelings are normal, so cry all the tears you want because deep down I know they are sadness and happiness! *hugs*
    Posted by chrisnjay2010[/QUOTE]

I didn't go away to school either, so moving away was a big deal for my family, too. I moved almost 2 hours away for my job, and happened to meet my fiance here, too. This made it even harder on my mom and sister because it solidified the fact that I was not going to be moving back home. It's a hard adjustment for everyone, but you will love it once you feel like it's <strong>your</strong> home. Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vent-out-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:e89f4584-9ce3-4151-8308-a6e017899860Post:187ed021-d4cc-404c-aeb3-3fcb29846779">Re: Vent it out</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vent it out : Hey girl, I didnt go away to school either, Sage is right, I am sure in time you will learn to love your freedom but know that you can see your family whenever you need to. I am sure your feelings are normal, so cry all the tears you want because deep down I know they are sadness and happiness! *hugs*
    Posted by chrisnjay2010[/QUOTE]

ditto ditto ditto!!!!!  You will be fine, i know you will...you are a strong woman!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards