Outdoor Weddings

Dressing?

I am planning an outdoor wedding. However, my intial concern is where I will get dressed. The facility that I have my eye on does not have a dressing area. Is it common for brides to usually get dressed at the hotel and ride to the venue?

Re: Dressing?

• Depending where your ceremony is, they may have options for you on site. I stayed at a hotel the night before the wedding that was a little closer to our venue than our apartment, and I had to get dressed there. At our venue, the "dressing room" was only available if you rented the largest of the reception spaces they have available.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Nothing wrong with getting dressed at Hotel & arriving at ceremony ready to go.
  • I, and my BMs, got dressed at MIL's house, then I rode with one of them to the ceremony site. It was about 5 miles, so no big deal.

I did have a tent to hide out in until the ceremony.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've never been to a wedding where the bride got dressed "on site." Personally, we all got ready at the hotel, then got into the limo to go to the venue. It's shouldn't be a big deal unless your dress is really huge and you don't think it will fit into a car. Wrinkles shouldn't be an issue, but if you're worried you could get one of those garment steamers to take to your venue. Plus it's just a lot easier to get ready at your home or at the hotel -- less stuff to pack with you and worry about getting back at the end of a hectic day.
    DSC_9275
  • I think you can dress your wedding dress in the hotel,by the way,what style of your wedding dress?how do you think of buy dress online?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards