Missouri-St Louis

ceremony music

My fiance and I are having an outside wedding ceremony, so we have to provide our own ceremony music. I have no idea where to look or who to ask for help so I figured I'd see what all of you might think.
We are pretty traditional, so to walk down the aisle, I'd like the traditional wedding music to play (can't think of the name).

PLEASE HELP!!
Thank you,
Heather

Re: ceremony music

• kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,

Start by trying Quartette Accord or Landolfi.  there are also reviews on www.stlwed.com for musicians.

• edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a band or for music specifically?

We got married in a theater and had to provide our own music, but used their sound system.

Our Family walked in to "Air on the G String" and I walked in to "Canon in D Major", then we had the traditional "Wedding March" as our recessional.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Meggin121Meggin121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosewood Ensemble string quartet - they played my wedding.  it was AMAZING!!!
  • mmpm97mmpm97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Serenade Strings...I thought that their prices were very reasonable, and their manager was very quick to respond.  Our wedding isn't until May 7th, but so far so good!  Their website is www.serenadestrings.com, and we booked a cello and guitar duo; it has a different sound that my fiancee and I really like.
  • auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:a2a54365-4ff5-440f-9a06-90730d3281a2Post:a3f725a5-c177-47a9-9fe7-f990b01b9fac">Re: ceremony music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosewood Ensemble string quartet - they played my wedding.  it was AMAZING!!!
    Posted by Meggin121[/QUOTE]

We're using them too. They have a nice repetoire, including religious music if you want it. And they have lots of suggestions if you need help.

We're doing:
    <strong>Processional:</strong>
    Prelude - Various Handel
    Family Seating - Largo from "Xerxes" (Handel)
    Bridesmaids - Pavanne (Faure)
    Bride - Traditional Bridal Chorus (Wagner)

<strong>Recessional:</strong>
    La Rejouissance (Handel)

The Pavanne is in a minor key but it's so gorgeous. They have lots of samples on their site.
  • edited December 2011
    I have put a listing on craigslist for local musicians and have recived some hits on it. Including a Irish band
  • handrews12handrews12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather,

I used Talent Plus for my wedding...they gave me pricing on string quartets, classical guitarists, all that stuff. We ended up booking a quartet. They made it really easy for me to decide.
  • hblondie327hblondie327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you all so much for your responses! I almost posted the same question again forgetting I had this one up! Love the help...thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards