New Hampshire

Speaking of rehearsal dinner...

Did or do any of you ladies have a contract written for your rehearsal dinner sites??  I have a site picked out they want a $200 deposit, but when I emailed them quite a while ago to ask for a contract they never emailed back.  They have strange hours and I haven't been able to reach them by phone, so I am getting leary! 

So I guess I should also ask if anyone has any suggestions for rehearsal dinner sites in the seacoast area more the Dover end than Portsmouth. We will have about 40 people. 

Re: Speaking of rehearsal dinner...

• edited December 2011
    No we didn't need a contract or deposit I believe.  My FMIL made the reservations.  We are having it at the Chateau in Andover, MA.  She reserved  one of their private rooms.  I don't think there was a contract involved.  Some of the smaller places may require a deposit I suppose to ensure that they won't lose money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I finally got in contact with them shortly after this post.  He now says that he can't guarantee the price this far out.  This is part of why I wanted the contract.  I need to be able to tell my future in laws how much to expect to pay.  He said he will come up with some type of contract, but it will have a clause to it saying something about if prices go up over 5% more than what he quoted us then he will change the per plate price.  Rehearsal dinner has been the biggest headache so far!  I had one place all lined up and they fell through.   We now have this place and it seems like he is getting very wishy washy!  There doesn't seem to be many options in this area either!

• edited December 2011
    That stinks!  If he is going to charge a deposit then I would want something in writing.  I wish I had advice.  Sorry and good luck with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We live in Dover and we had our rehearsal dinner at Dante's in Barrington. We only had 23 people there but they could have easily accommodated more. There were 3 different menu options with different price points. I do believe we signed a contract and were able to lock in prices.

DH and I also checked into having out RD at Kelley's Row because we love that place and thought it would be fun since we are regulars. They do functions there.

Blue Latitudes was another place we looked into. They have a function room.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards