Colorado

Chateaux at Fox Meadows?

My soon to be Mister and I have started researching venues, and we happened upon the Chateaux at Fox Meadows in Broomfield. We like that it has an outdoor area for a ceremony and an indoor venue for the reception. I have been searching for reviews of this venue, and have so far come up with nothing but the testimonials on their website. Do any of you know anyone who has gotten married there, or are any of you planning on wedding there yourself? I love the overall look of the place but I am hesitant to commit before hearing some first hand experience.

Re: Chateaux at Fox Meadows?

• edited December 2011
    I have attended and photographed a few weddings and it has been beautiful! I would totally recommend it- they do a great job and it is a wonderful place to take pictures! You will not be disappointed!

Good Luck
    Amanda
    Yellow Paddle Photography
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at it also. It was a front runner until I started thinking about what kind of pictures we would have...either inside a building, on a balcony, or in front of a tree in the ceremony space. It just wasn't cutting it for me. I loved the inside though. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_chateaux-fox-meadows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:d79d02c5-93e5-48f6-8dc9-35e525aa4a1aPost:576f41d2-68b5-4c1f-a61a-7d0126d24022">Re: Chateaux at Fox Meadows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We looked at it also. It was a front runner until I started thinking about what<strong> kind of pictures we would have...either inside a building, on a balcony, or in front of a tree in the ceremony space.</strong> It just wasn't cutting it for me. I loved the inside though. Good Luck!
    Posted by smallsmp8[/QUOTE]

This excatly!  When photography was the number one top priority on my list, this building in the middle of no where didn't make the cut.  Like PP said, there are only pictures of you in front of the building, behind it and in it....there is nothing around there to make a well rounded pictures.  

When I looked into them, we looked into the top package and they seemed to nickel and dime you for everything.  I also wanted a certain date, but someone else was "penciled in"....well if i'm willing to put the money down that day, I should be able to get it over a person who is "penciled in".  I didn't understand that.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all. I appreciate your comments and it was nice to learn something concrete about it.
  • odelayodelay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the website and fell in love with the style of the venue until i looked closely at their prices.  I am trying to keep my wedding under 10K.
  • princessyetzprincessyetz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I had our reception there 3 1/2 years ago and we LOVED it.  That said, I know there has been a ton of development around there since then.  Also, their prices then and now are extremely different.  When we got married it was very competitive with other venues.

As for the photography goes - you can get great shots if you have a photographer who can angle the camera to get just what you want in the picture and nothing that you don't.  You can take a look at my photo album here and see the pics at the Chateaux.  http://www.roperphoto.com/albumshowcase/sarahdoug
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lindsaylindsay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not photographed at that specific venue. However, I have done some other weddings in the area. If your photographer is willing to go off-site (within about 3 miles) for some portraits. There are some gorgeous spots where you could have portraits with the mountain vista in the background as well as some wooded areas. If it is a place that you really like, just poke around at the nearby parks or give me a call I'd be happy to help you out. 

Good Luck!
    Lindsay J. C. Lack - Wedding Photojournalist
  • lyssabethslyssabeths member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a wedding officaint and have performed several ceremonies at the Chateaux. Pros: their staff is very attentive and hands-on. They know weddings, for sure. And if your ceremony is indoors, you'll make a dramatic entrance coming down the stairs.. Cons: the bride above who said they "nickle and dime you" is absolutely correct. It's hard to project your budget because of all the "extras". When my daughter got married last August, we stayed away from the Chateaux for that reason.

And you are also correct that a bride with cash in hand should always trump a bride who is "pencilled in". That's no way to run a business!

Maureen Thomson
    Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards