Second Weddings

Bridal Party Dresses

One dress for all, or pick a color and length and let them choose their own dress?

My Ladies rang in age from 28-50 and in size from 12-28. What would you do?

Re: Bridal Party Dresses

• edited December 2011
    I would pick a color and length and let them choose the style. I have 1 attendant and while it is much easier, I still picked color and length but she was able to decide which style and find a dress that fit her body type and her budget. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked a color and let me MOH and BM pick whatever they liked.  They aren't even the same length, but they are both happy and that is what was important to me.  Both dresses are very nice.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I think that is what i will do. It is also difficult because two of my ladies are in the north east, while myself and the other lady are in florida. So it's not like we can all go shopping together and pick one dress that everyone likes without a whole lot of back and forth texting and phone calls.

Sometimes its so easy to get caught up in the "picture perfect wedding" stuff that you forget about whats important.
  • edited December 2011
    I have one "attendant", she's wearing robin's egg blue.  My sisters have now decided to wear colours of blue too, and our good friend will be in blue now too.  all different colours, all different lengths.  i think it's nice that folks want to join in, so we'll do a fun group photo with all the blues.  FI and son are in navy mexican wedding shirts.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ladies range in age from 27 to 51 and there will be 4 of them, and the FD also wants to wear a dress similar to the BM's we just don't know what that style will be as I still have no idea about my dress. (I will save that for another post).

My sister just had all of her girls in black she didn't care about length or any of that and they all chose similar lengths and fabrics and looked lovely.
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave them all a colour and length.  We all looked together and they all loved the same one (and I was thrilled with that, because I prefer matching bridesmaids' dresses), so they all went with that.  My MoH will have a different colour pashmina than the others (hers is crimson, to match the best man's vest/tie and the other bridesmaids' are pewter to match the groomsmen's vests/ties), and a slightly different bouquet, but otherwise they are all the same.

It's this, in black:  http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6503/
    10-10-10
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was an easy one for us. Our daughters are teens, my dearest friends are in their 50's. One lives out of state. Their sizes are size 8-size 16.

Our colors are black, white, and silver. I've told them to find dresses in black that are flattering to them, that they'll wear again, regardless of length. I'm assuming they'll choose something short or tea length so they can wear it again. Doesn't really matter to me.
  • JennaHRJennaHR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls (18 to 32) are picking their own LBD's (little black dresses if your not savvy :P) and I'm getting them sashes in vibrant colors (royal purple, midnight blue, ect) I figure I'll let them pick their own or possibly use an old favorite, and it's completely re-wearable. I know my closet has 4 BM dresses that will never be worn again, and I feel that's a waste.
  • edited December 2011
    I have four girls my daughter (12), future daughter (21), and nieces (24 and 19) and the size range is from 2 to 14.  I didnt think that I would care as to lenght and color matching, but there we went to David's Bridal to get ideas, and I have to admit that there  is somehting that looks so sweet about all of them in matching dresses!  I never got the appeal of having BM, but I completely get it now!  We picked long (because its going to be cold in November) and Apple Red because the color just POPPED! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards