Plus-Sized

Fat fingers anyone?

Hi all,

Bf and I are looking at engagement rings and so far I've only found that custom ring brands (ie Tacori) offer rings in "plus sizes".

I wear a size 12 on my left ring finger... chubby girl, chubby fingers.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Anyone have a recommendation on other vendors that offer rings in bigger sizes?

I'm in love with a Tacori ring (HT2528CU7) but really don't want him spending that much if he doesn't have to.

Thanks everybody!

Re: Fat fingers anyone?

• There is also JamesAllen.com which offers many rings up to a size 12. I'm a size 12 so I have the same problem. Lucky for me though my mother is a gem collector and she and my boyfriend are planning to use some things from her collection to have a custom ring made for me, which is also an option for you guys if you can find a local jeweler. You'd probably need to do some calling around to find one who will do custom pieces but many times this can be cheaper- especcially if you have some old gold laying in your jewelry box you dont use. They can melt it down and use that which saves lots of $$.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_fat-fingers-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:88cb8592-5504-474d-bb06-d4db96085d43Post:77253295-ac3e-4625-9192-4b5d3fe3a53d">Fat fingers anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, Bf and I are looking at engagement rings and so far I've only found that custom ring brands (ie Tacori) offer rings in "plus sizes". I wear a size 12 on my left ring finger... chubby girl, chubby fingers. Anyone else have a similar issue? Anyone have a recommendation on other vendors that offer rings in bigger sizes? I'm in love with a Tacori ring (HT2528CU7) but really don't want him spending that much if he doesn't have to. Thanks everybody!
    Posted by angela_294[/QUOTE]
  • Overstock.com (o.co) sometimes has size 12 engagement rings as well. They rotate their stock frequently so it's kind of hit and miss but I've seen some very nice ones there. In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_fat-fingers-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:88cb8592-5504-474d-bb06-d4db96085d43Post:2e9acc91-6204-4182-9f16-6e7f413bf3f7">Re: Fat fingers anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is also JamesAllen.com which offers many rings up to a size 12. I'm a size 12 so I have the same problem. Lucky for me though my mother is a gem collector and she and my boyfriend are planning to use some things from her collection to have a custom ring made for me, which is also an option for you guys if you can find a local jeweler. You'd probably need to do some calling around to find one who will do custom pieces but many times this can be cheaper- especcially if you have some old gold laying in your jewelry box you dont use. They can melt it down and use that which saves lots of $$. In Response to Fat fingers anyone? :
    Posted by xxxpinksuedexxx[/QUOTE]
  • One of my friends is a size 13 and she had her ring custom made from a seller on Etsy.
  • Thanks everyone... I am just afraid with my chubby fingers I need something with a bit more sparkle than what a solitaire offers so that's why I liked the Tacori rings since they have sparkle at pretty much every angle.

I've never thought of Etsy... though I'm just afraid of again being limited in style... so hard...
  • ahende04ahende04 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I got my engagement ring at Zales. If you go to a store they can help, if you do it online you can also find help. I wear a size 11.5 ring and thought I would have to pay a ton of money. My Fiancee got the ring for under 1000. Since I picked it out I loved it and it was way under budget which means more money for the wedding and honeymoon!
    Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd look into a local jeweler.  My fiance had my ring custom-designed, turned in some old jewelry and donated jewelry from my future mother-in-law and the ring is gorgeous.  Looks like it cost much more than most at chain jewelers, and with the trade-ins it cost MUCH less!  And as my father-in-law said - i'm not a small girl, i needed a "not small" ring. :)
  • I also wear a 12. I was really afraid of finding a ring big enough, but every single jeweler I talked with acted as though a 12 was nothing. No jeweler was going to charge for the sizing either. The previous was true of ALL the major and local stores I visited. I found a rock for a great deal at Zales and it looks beautiful on my huge hands! Good luck!
  • i would kill for a larger ring but every time i think of a larger ring i think about how that money could be going towards a nicer forever home once we graduate.my wedding band matches the bottom band. i couldnt get a better pic but my diamond actually sparkles A LOT  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you ask the jeweler usually they can make whatever size you need. I am a size 11 and they sized my "out of the case" ring for free.  They are even helping me to customize the size of my engagement ring and wedding band to fit perfectly.  It's hard to shop online for a plus size ring, you are better off going to a private jewelry store not a big retail chain.  Good luck!
  • i got my rings from beldens in the mall it was a bridal set stock size was a 6 1/2 and i needed a 10 she said no problem and they sent it out for sizing i was worried that the engagment ring band would be to thin because of the huge size difference but she assured me that they would add extra white gold to accmedate it 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards