Jewish Weddings

"***FrozenPenguin***

hey!

you mentioned that you met with rabbi alpern and decided to use someone else (less expensive!) 

i see you are getting married upstate, too. im curious who you went with, and where she is from, if you dont mind my asking. 

i couldnt tell if you guys were doing an interfaith or not, and maybe that allowed her to be an option for you, but not us. i thought i had checked out most folks in the region, but maybe i missed her!

thanks!
http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "***FrozenPenguin***

• edited December 2011
    Hi Lynnie,

My FI and I met with a few different Rabbis. We fell in love with a temple in Glens Falls, NY (exit 18). The Rabbi there was really great but he doesn't do weddings on Sat night even after sundown. In our meeting he mentioned that he had a "colleague" that would do a Sat night wedding. So I emailed him when we couldn't change to Sunday and have him, well he recommended his wife! She is also a Rabbi and she is really wonderful too.

We are interfaith, but we are having a Jewish wedding and we are raising our children jewish. The children thing was key, but there is no pressure for me to convert. She charges $800 and is meeting with us and doing some premarriage counseling prior to the wedding.

If you have any questions feel free to respond here or private message me if you want specific info-names etc.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • edited December 2011
    sorry i seemed to have missed this reply. 

im so very happy for you. at this point, we are clearly going with our original rabbi.

its actually possible that we contacted your rabbi and her husband (because i do remember a husband/wife team) but i recall them telling us that they dont do interfaith ceremonies..... 

anyway, i am very happy that you found someone who works for you!
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No problem. I'm sure your wedding will be great. Have a good time and enjoy every minute of it. :)
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards