Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower

Hi Everyone :)

I am the first one in my family to get married and one of the first of my friends to get married... with that being said I need some advice on bridal shower games!

Please give me ideas of games at bridal showers that you have been to that were a big hit.

Thank you!!  :)

Re: Bridal Shower

• Options
    KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You probably shouldn't be planning your own.  I don't know if you are but just some advice. 

There can be jeopardy type games with information about you and your Fi, how well does she know him games, or ones where they ask him questions before, and everyone tries to guess what his answer was, including you.

Hope that helped. 
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to ditto KatyRose about planning your own shower.  You can certainly have input on the date and guest list, but the "nuts and bolts" of the shower belong to the hosts:  whoever is actually giving the shower.

Congrats on your engagement.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Word search using wedding words (cake, dress, rings)

Hot potato game: pass bouquet around to each other in a circle while music plays, once it stops, person holding bouquet has to sing a song with the word 'Love' in it within 5 seconds, if they can't think of a song - they are out of the game, music starts again, game continues...person holding it at the end wins the prize

We put petals in our wedding color in a little jar, everyone had to guess how many petals were in there, person who guessed correctly or closest, won prize. Also works with candy.

Find common items around the house (remote, tooth brush, etc) and place them inside separate bags, pass those around to the guests for them to feel and write down their guesses on what they are. Person with most correct answers wins.

Fill a bowl with rice and mix in safety pins, blind fold each person and have them grab as many safety pins from bowl using 1 hand and in 1 try,  the person who grabs the most, wins.

Make a list of items that are uncommon to have inside a purse. Then have everyone grab their purses and start the game: ask them to take out the items on the list - person with the most items in her purse from list wins. Example: diaper, scissors, sewing needle, thread, staple remover...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards