Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Book-ish Ceremony Site?

Hi, all,

I'm hoping someone has some creative ideas for me and my fiance! We really want to have our ceremony in a book-ish venue. We really had our hearts set on having it at the Open Book (Loft Literary Center), but it turns out they won't do private events!

The James J. Hill, Minneapolis Library, and Stillwater Library have all been ruled out due to cost. We only want to have the ceremony there. We have a reception venue picked out already. We just really want to get married in a unique place!

Please help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Book-ish Ceremony Site?

• Options
    I was just on Open Books website and actually emailed them to inquire more. On their website it says they do private events... http://www.openbookmn.org/performance_hall.aspx

Did they change their policies?
  • Options
    MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yeah, I thought that was really weird too. The building manager we talked to said they only rent to businesses and non-profit organizations. Bummer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about the library downtown Mpls? It's beautiful, does private events, and has parking available. Not sure about the cost though...
  • Options
    MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Sscholfield - Thanks! I appreciate the suggestion. We did check that out though -- too pricey for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bummer! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!
  • Options

Are you set on a library or are you open to other options that are maybe a bit on the nerdy side? The Guthrie does weddings. The Washington County Historic Courthouse has a museum and old jail tour that you can have open for guests. We had ours there and it gave guests something to do between the ceremony and dinner.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards