July 2013 Weddings

Need opinions!

here is the original dress i was gonna go with:  (with an ivory sash)  This one is more orangey in person

Here are my 2 new competitors.

I absolutely love the color of the last one. If its anything like I see here, I may just ixnay the chiffon and pick this lovely number!

Thoughts?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Need opinions!

• What's your venue like? All three are really nice, but the first two are definitely more beachy and summery casual. The third would be nice for a church wedding or a nighttime reception. I love the colors!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our venue is formalish. Its an old mansion that was rebuilt and decorated in a shabby/ modern type with lots of chandeliers and ivory accents. It's hard to explain lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like the third one! Personally, I am a just a little sick of seeing bridesmaids in chiffon. The more structured fabric will give your girls a shape and look more polished. 
  • I love the 3rd dress! I also think that the fabric looks more bridesmaid-y, I guess, haha. The other two look like casual summer dresses.  The other two would look nice, but I look at the third and I think "wedding!"
    July 2013 Knotties June Siggy Challenge - Location, Location, Location!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Green Lantern Inn, in Beautiful Fairport, NY!
  • The 3rd is the one Im leaning towards as well. Thanks girls!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I really hate the bow on the second one. But either of the other two are nice - very different in styling though, so I say go with what will match your wedding best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • ewwwww...hate is such a strong word to use, especially when someone is saying that they like these three dresses! opinions are great and everyone's entitled...but that dress is one that I also like a lot and is on my pinterest board! just say'n :-/

I do agree with other posts though that if it's a more formal wedding that the third dress fits that better then the others. I would suggest starting there and having your MOH try it first and see if it's something that looks elegant AND is comfortable enough to be in for the festivities! :)
  • They are all really pretty! I actually pick the second dress as my favorite... but I do think the third would go best with your venue since both are more formal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The third is definitely my favorite.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I don't mind someone used the word 'hate'. We're all allowed a say My moh is soo busy lately with another wedding she's in that I may just go myself to have a looksy loo. I appreciate all your opinions and I have to agree that the last dress fits the venue much better!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ps I also love that the third dress has pockets! My MOH is trying to convince me to find a bridesmaid dress with them : Whoever came up with that is pretty much a fashion genius....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cc7e4c03-1b0a-4c64-b57d-bf4b331c71b1Post:0d7e2997-9de6-4570-83af-f8904eeea1a2">Re:Need opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ps I also love that the third dress has pockets! My MOH is trying to convince me to find a bridesmaid dress with them : Whoever came up with that is pretty much a fashion genius....
    Posted by kls33145[/QUOTE]

OMG! You just reminded my my MOH (who is in a wedding this June) keeps commenting that she needs to buy a purse for that wedding. I keep trying to tell her she won't have time to do anything (what does she expect, to put on chapstick during the ceremony?!)  lol

If I can't sell her on this dress simply by THAT, well then..I'm a horrible salesman. (fyi, I can't sell a candy bar to a 4 year old) Hopefully the pockets should be enough!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I really like the third dress the best!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:cc7e4c03-1b0a-4c64-b57d-bf4b331c71b1Post:0d7e2997-9de6-4570-83af-f8904eeea1a2">Re:Need opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ps I also love that the third dress has pockets! My MOH is trying to convince me to find a bridesmaid dress with them : Whoever came up with that is pretty much a fashion genius....
    Posted by kls33145[/QUOTE]

I must say, after being MOH in my best friend's wedding last March, having a dress with pockets was <strong>very </strong>awesome. The pockets allowed me to carry the bride's lipstick so I could whip it out instantly to help her with pre-photo makeup touch-ups throughout the night. I could also have my own lipstick and my camera or cell phone ready at a moment's notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the 3rd one. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • By far the 3rd is the best.  The color is going to be more flattering and it has pockets.  If your venue is more formal I would go with that one hands down.  My colors are blue and yellow and if my flowers werent already yellow and wiith girls in blue I would honestly consider this dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards