Indiana

Help, dyeable shoes

Hello, my name is Melissa and I am getting married this September.  I purchased my dream shoes online but I would like get them dyed for my "something blue."  I am having a heard time finding a place that will dye shoes (even for a fee) that I did not purchase at their store.  Does anyone know where I can get my shoes dyed?  I live on the west side of Indianapolis but am willing to travel.  Thanks!!!
Melissa S. Behling "Women who behave rarely make history."

Re: Help, dyeable shoes

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you dye them yourself?
  • edited December 2011
    you could possibly use RIT dye. It's usually in the laundry aisle at walmart.
    imageAnniversary
  • Browneyes72Browneyes72 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Try Joann's for the shoe dye.  They might sell it.  JC Penny might sell it as well.
    TJ
  • edited December 2011
    I would use the RIT dye! I did my shoes myself because I could not find a place. I did my shoes and slip at the same time in a pink rose color. They turned out beautiful. I can send pics if you want. I live on the east side and I could not find one place that would die them :(. You may want to check your dry cleaners though, I know some dry cleaners used to dye things.
  • cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am curious to know how that works out for you so be sure to post the outcome!  Whether you end up finding someone that will dye them or do it yourself, I would like to know how you think they turned out and if you would recommend it!

Hope you figure something out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards