Snarky Brides

Anyone have problems with registry?

We were married  October 08th of this year. We had a small wedding and didn't invite many people. However, from the wedding we ended up getting three of the same gifts, the store we registered at let three people on different days (I can see on the internet) buy us pots & pans sets. Thankfully the store exchanged them since it was their fault.
I got a call from my father today (his family wasn't invited to the wedding due to space and my cousin was being married on the same day in eastern canada where all my dads family lives) I guess some of his family sent me gift cards through my online registry and were a little suprised not to recieve thank you cards so they wanted to make sure I got them.

I never got any gift cards nor any phone calls from my registry company or mail.

I guess my dad is going to get his family to call the store but now I am worried at how much more the store screwed up. I know my Dad will tell his family that I never recieved so they can call and ensure that we either get the cards or their money back. But now I am worried that other people have sent things and been charged (since if was a few in his family) And we never recieved.

I know there is really nothing I can do but call the store and ask WTH is going on, I guess I just feel the need to rant. Did anyone else have problems like this with their registry?

Re: Anyone have problems with registry?

• Home outfitters
  • Which store did you register with?  I would definitely be calling the store to complain.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-problems-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a00583c7-2af2-46a4-8026-fa1c2d398f65Post:e4957ccd-d777-43a6-bbea-f663944e4c55">Re: Anyone have problems with registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hm, I don't think I've heard of that one.  I did Macy's and BBB and the only problem was we noticed a knife set was purchased twice even though we only registered for one. We never got the second one so we assumed they returned it.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I am canadian so it might be a canadian chain. They are owned by the Bay but we registered there since it was less expensive.

I should have know that it would be a gong show, they spelt my name wrong on the registry (granted my maiden name is awfully hard) and It took me numerous store visits to get them to change it.
  • Yeah, I'd be calling to complain and if they don't fix their shiit I'd be sending some notes to the Better Business Bureau and plastering the internet with horrible reviews.

We registered at Target (which has a less than desirable return policy, but we had no issues) and Bed, Bath and Beyond and had no problems whatsoever.  One of our guests apparently ordered us a food processor from Macy's that never came, but that had nothing to do with either of our registries.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards