DC

affordable hair & makeup

I have been doing a lot of research on hair and makeup for my wedding. I am from Ohio and all, but I seriously can NOT believe how absurd some of the pricing. Has anyone found someone that is remotely affordable? I am trying not to be cheap, but I do not expect my bridesmaids to pay an arm and a leg to look good. Especially since they are naturally beautiful!! :)

Please help!!

Re: affordable hair & makeup

• Amelia33Amelia33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on what you consider to be affordable. Going to a salon is always going to be cheaper than having hairstylist and makeup artist come...but for sure it's a bigger pain in the neck for everyone to have to schlep to the salon.

I am using Aisha from Picture Perfect Makeup and based on the prices that I saw across the board, her prices are reasonable and the best part is that she doesn't charge upfront for the trial run. I loved what she did on my trial www.pictureperfectmakeupdc.com">
    Still looking for the right hair person, so I will be waiting to see what others say, too!
    good luck!
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might check out Nena's Special Occasions Hair and Make-Up.  She came to our at-home reception venue, and did both of our hair and make-up.  Below is a picture of my wife's hair.  You can see other pictures of work she has done on her Facebook page.  My FDIL and her bridesmaids are planning to use her as well. When we used her, her rates were $60 per person for the combination of hair and make-up (with a free trial for the bride).    I don't know if her rates have gone up since then, but I suspect she is still quite reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards