Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner "head table"

Hi Ladies, 

I searched the boards for the answer to this Q and I could only find posts about head tables at the reception itself, but my question is a little different. 

My FMIL has generously offered to host a sit-down dinner rehearsal dinner in a private room at a restaurant. She said that the venue told her there will be several round top tables instead of one long table. 

She asked me who to put at the "head table" (I think she just means the table with me and my FI). Fi and I are having a cocktail/station style reception and haven't even thought about seating charts as we're not having one. 

Who typically sits with the B & G at the rehearsal dinner?   I know at a reception it's usually the WP at the head table, but I thought RDs were more about celebrating with family so should we sit with our parents?  Anyone else? 

Who's Coming:

Me and FI
My parents
His Parents
Our grandparents (4 sets; and 1 grandmother who divorced and never remarried) 
My younger brother and fiancee
His younger brother and girlfriend
My much younger, triplet siblings (17 year olds) 

Man of Honor and partner
Bridesmaid and husband
Bridesmaid and boyfriend
Best Man
Groomswoman

ETA: Bridesmaid and husband

Re: Rehearsal Dinner "head table"

• edited December 2011
    I would probably just sit with your parents and his parents.  They are hosting, so it would be a nice gesture to sit with them, and your parents deserve a position of "honour" too.
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just sit with your parents and your FI's parents. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • NRWSBRGNRWSBRG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would sit with your parents and his parents. But once dinner is over, make your way to other tables as a couple to spend time with those guests as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards