Students
Options

Lets Spread Some Holiday Cheer

1) What is your favorite part about the Winter Holidays?
2) What is your favorite tradition?
3) What is something new you are doing this year you hope to become a tradition?

Re: Lets Spread Some Holiday Cheer

• Options
    I'll start

1) Favorite Part about the Holidays is seeing all the decorations everyone puts up
    2) I love making cut-out cookies for my Grandpa to come over to ice and decorate (this tradition started when my mom was a little girl)
    3) I'm hoping to start the tradition of making a Gingerbread House with FI from this year on (We planned on doing it last year but it didn't happen because of the hectic holiday schedule)
  • Options
    Favorite part of the holidays: a long break to sleep in and relax
    Favorite tradition: Opening presents in our pajamas, and handing out the presents to all the parents while they sit and drink coffee (yep, we still do this even though the youngest person there is 25)
    New tradition: I don't have anything good in mind.  Hopefully we'll make a tradition of NOT staying at FI's aunt's house for a ridiculously long time after dinner is over, where there's nowhere to sit and everyone just awkwardly stares at each other.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1) My favorite part of the winter holidays is all the cooking!  I love to bake, and since we don't have classes, I also have time TO bake!  We make traditional Hanukkah cookies, Christmas cookies and pastries, and fudge to give as gifts.
    2) My birthday is Christmas Eve, and my mom's dad's side of the family is Danish and have been eating kringle (sort of a giant danish filled with almond) and making krullers (twisted egg-nog doughnuts) on Christmas Eve for generations.   It's way better than birthday cake!
    3) I don't know what sort of tradition FI and I could possibly add to the eclectic mix of traditions that are so dear to us!  With Zen Buddhist, Shambala Buddhist, Protestant, Catholic, Congregational, Jewish, Reform Jewish, and random international cultural bits... Maybe we should simplify instead!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options

The joy that people seem to posess.  I love watching crowds and seeing how thoughtful people become (not at malls - of course...hehe) i love seeing the lights and decorations, and sititng in my parents house listening to christmas music and drinking hot chocolate

decorating the christmas tree.  we have a specific way of doing it - so its fun

3) What is something new you are doing this year you hope to become a tradition?

FI and I are making our own stocking - i think its gonna be fun.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    -Everything.  The decorations, the spirit, the food, the gift giving, the ambiance.

-I guess we don't really have many solid traditions in my family.  We usually go out to dinner on Christmas Eve and then cook dinner for Christmas day, but that's about it.  We always watch A Christmas Story on Christmas day over and over again which is funny.

3) What is something new you are doing this year you hope to become a tradition? I'd like to come up with something for FI and I, but I don't have any ideas yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    family and buying presents for people.  I LOVE buying presents for people/ making cookies for every one.  I love doing Angel Tree and pick out gifts for kids.
    decorating the tree.
    making cinnamon twists on Christmas eve to eat on Christmas morning
    I am going to wait on traditions for a few years (when we are married) that is when the Holiday season may be predicatable once again.  This year is insane and next Christmas could be too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Can I cheat and say everything? Haha.

Going to the candlelight service on Christmas Eve

Its our first Christmas together so everything is new! This year we're having a holiday party that combines all of our heritages (Jewish and Southern WASP for me, Mexican and Filipino for FI). We're going to have lots of food and booze for our all friends the weekend before Christmas. Hopefully it will become a tradition
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    I <3 hearing about everyones traditions.

I can't wait to be home and enjoying the holiday season.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards