New York
Options

Officiant $

So I finally got around to asking my officiant about her fee and she said it's usually $125.  We had set aside a bit more than that.  Would it be weird if I gave her $175 or $200?  (That's still less than our original TK budget said.)  Or should I just keep the extra money and be happy?

We did invite her and her husband to the rehearsal and wedding reception.  Not sure yet if they're coming, but I suspect they will.
Anniversary

Re: Officiant $

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If she does a beautiful job, you can tip her just like any other vendor  Smile
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Monica, the $125 is certainly her "fee" but if you feel like you want to/should tip her more, by all means go ahead!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can definitely keep some of the extra money to possibly give her a tip. I would, however, wait until AFTER she performs the ceremony to tip her. Ours charged $150, and we gave her $50 for a tip. She seemed really nice and was informative when we met with her. The day of she was apparently rude to the groom and best man about getting the license and money, which were with ME, and she also did not do the ceremony quite how I had asked. When I got there I just handed her the envelope with the full $200 in it. After the ceremony she came and said a quick "thanks" and was out of there faster than you would believe! Shoulda saved the extra $50 for myself!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_officiant-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:8c667330-8b9e-43a7-8ed6-22c808e7d6d6Post:c3c663f1-284e-4137-b3d6-35a61a8ddc74">Re: Officiant $</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can definitely keep some of the extra money to possibly give her a tip. <strong>I would, however, wait until AFTER she performs the ceremony to tip her.</strong> Ours charged $150, and we gave her $50 for a tip. She seemed really nice and was informative when we met with her. The day of she was apparently rude to the groom and best man about getting the license and money, which were with ME, and she also did not do the ceremony quite how I had asked. When I got there I just handed her the envelope with the full $200 in it. After the ceremony she came and said a quick "thanks" and was out of there faster than you would believe! Shoulda saved the extra $50 for myself!
    Posted by CD2011[/QUOTE]

Good idea!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards